Chapter 30

The following morning, Thor sits in the make-up chair as I ask "Do you do these often? I haven't seen but two."

He sighs "I usually decline them. Only really do them when my contract is up, and I'm being scouted by other teams."

I nod, before asking "Do they normally hound you for interviews?"

He gives me a charmed loom "Only since I got a very dirty text, on camera. I'm kinda the stunner on the team."

I smirk "That you are."

He chuckles, before I hand him his coffee. He furrows his brow as he takes a sip. He hands it back and states "That's not coffee."

I take it back and take a sip "That's my tea." I hand him the other cup and he hum in delight "Black coffee, just the way you like it."

He smiles at me as he sits it down "Anyway, the female fans are a bit mad that I'm no longer single."

As he steps out of the chair, he shrugs and gives me a kiss "They're going to have the shock of their lives, when I tell the country that I'm not straight."

The interviewer walks by and looks us over, before asking Thor "Is this your partner?"

Thor nods and I hold out my hand to her. As we exchange a handshake, I declare "Loki Laufeyson."

She smiles, before looking to Thor "You've got a good looking guy." She looks me over "Are you coming on?"

I furrow my brow "On national tellie?" She nods and I chuckle, before looking to Thor, who shrugs "You're not joking?"

He shrugs "You've been on national tellie, before. He'll, half your cases end up on the news."

I motion towards my clothes "I'm wearing an entirely black suit."

He shrugs, before the interviewer looks to me "Hope in the chair. With that face, they'll be done in five."

I look to Thor and he shrugs "Only if you want."

I sigh, before asking "Can I drink my tea during the interview?"

She nods, before I take a seat.

A few minutes later, I hop up and find Thor at the opening of the tunnel. He stares out onto the ice and I ask "Are you okay?"

He stands there for a long moment, before speaking softly "For the past ten years, I built my life on the ice. I loved every minute of it." He looks to me and smiles "But I would still trade it all, for you."

I give him a tired smile, before declaring "If you want to quit, you can. If you want to stay, we can stay up all hours of the night on Skype, just being together."

He furrows his brow "I think, if we have kids, I'd step away. Become a stay at home dad, just so you have someone to come home to, every night."

I smile at him, before asking "When is your contract up?"

He shrugs "End of the season." He looks out and states "I've got a three bedroom house, with a big backyard and a pool. I bought it thinking it would be the perfect place to start a family."

I lean into him and sigh "If you want, we can."

He looks at me, softly, before nodding "I think that's best." He looks out onto the ice and smiles "I finally am getting everything I wanted. I've lived my dream. I think it's time to settle down."

I smile at him and he nods "I'm going to tell her, in the interview. I'm going to announce that I'm stepping out of the game."

I take his head in my hands and whisper to him "You don't have to do this, if you don't want to."