Chapter 6

[New character pictures above]

The plane landed at Harrisburg International Airport in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

Delilah ran a hand along her stomach as she tried mentally preparing for what laid ahead.

Sebastian took Delilah's arm in his and asked, "Are you okay?"

"Let me get back to you on that," she replied. "God, this fucking sucks."

"I know, sweetheart."

"Ginger?"

Sebastian reached into her purse and pulled out the ginger candy she'd started keeping in her bag and handed one to her.

She put the ginger in her mouth and sighed, bringing her bag closer to her chest as she let out a long sigh.

They got their bags from baggage claim and made their way outside.

A short while later, a young girl yelled from the backseat of a silver Honda, "Aunt Lilah! Uncle Sebby!"

A small smile tugged at the corner of Delilah's lips as she said, "You brought Sonia?"

Devin shrugged. "She insisted. How could I say no?"

"You have trouble saying no to her."

"I'm a trouble man."

"Don't make terrible dad jokes."

Devin laughed and turned to Sebastian. "Hey, man. I've got a bunch I can teach you."

Sonia frowned. "Dad jokes are only for dads, Daddy, and Uncle Sebby isn't a dad."

"He will be soon."

"Why?"

As Sebastian loaded Delilah's bag in the car, he said, "Because soon me and your aunt are going to have a baby."

"I'm gonna have a cousin?"

"Yeah you are."

"Is it gonna be a boy or a girl?"

Delilah shook her head. "We don't know yet. It's too early to tell."

"Are you gonna get to know?"

"That's something your uncle and I have to talk about."

Sonia nodded and turned back to her uncle. "You should find out. Because if I'm gonna have a girl cousin, we can play Barbies and dolls and dance. And boys are stinky."

Sebastian feigned offense. "Hey!"

"Well, boys except you and Daddy and Dziadek."

(Grandpa (Polish))

Sebastian laughed softly. "I've missed you, Sonia."

"Me too, Uncle Sebby. Can we watch one of your stuff?"

"Uh, we'll have to see what your parents say. How old are you now? Let's see, you're four, right?"

"No, I'm five now!"

"Five? Wow. You're getting so big."

"I can tie my shoes now."

Delilah turned and smiled. "Can you? You'll have to show me."

"I do the bunny ears like Daddy does."

"I do bunny ears too. I never learned the one bunny ear. Your uncle always laughs at me when I tie shoes."

Sonia glared at Sebastian. "That's not nice, laughing at Aunt Lilah."

Sebastian smiled lightly. "Maybe it's not, but she's funny sometimes."