Chapter 17

Delilah handed Katia to one of the employees backstage and then handed over a diaper bag. "There's spare diapers, clothes, wipes, bottles, a rattle, a couple books, uh, socks if her feet get cold. Um, I'm probably forgetting things. But all she needs should be in there."

The woman smiled. "She'll be fine. Go out there. Your fans are waiting."

"Thank you. If she needs me or Sebastian, just let one of us know, okay?"

"Of course."

With one last glance at Katia, Delilah walked onto stage, earning cheers and applause.

She smiled awkwardly as she sat between Sebastian and Anthony.

Sebastian took her hand and smiled before whispering in her ear, "You okay?"

"Just nerves I think," she replied. "And with Kati back there..."

"She'll be all right. And if she needs us, we're right here. You did overly pack the diaper bag a little though."

"Can you blame me?"

"No, and I love you all the more for it."

Anthony grinned, glancing between them. "Y'all are too cute. I better see Katia again before you go."

Delilah nodded. "Yeah, definitely. She seems to like you, which is great."

"I'm not surprised she likes me. Her parents are my best friends after all."

The panel started and fans lined up to ask their questions.

One girl said, "Hi. My name is Lilly. My question is for Delilah. Sorry, Anthony. Sorry, Sebastian."

Anthony feigned a hurt expression. "I'll manage. Somehow."

Lilly laughed. "Delilah, what's it like working with such a well-known, talented cast?"

Delilah smiled. "It's pretty nerve-wracking at times, especially for someone who easily gets anxious. In all seriousness though, it's a lot of fun. We have a great time on set. Working with my husband and best friends is quite the bonus."

A girl on the other side said, "My name is Hanna. Sebastian, what's it like working with Delilah? Bringing in a different comic was an interesting move and I'm curious to know your stance on it."

"Yeah, Sebastian, what's your stance on it?" Anthony said.

Sebastian brought the mic to his mouth. "I was a little worried when the Russos talked about adding in another comic story. But when I heard it was Bucky's wife they were talking about adding, I was all for it. There's no one else I'd want to play Gail other than Delilah. As for working with her, it's a lot of fun. I love working with her, and I'm not just saying that because she's sitting next to me."

"They're so in love," Anthony teased.

Delilah glanced back, suddenly hearing crying and went backstage to check on Katia whose crying ceased as soon as she saw her mother.

She took her daughter and rocked her. Katie's eyes closed and once Delilah was sure she was asleep, she was handed back to the employee.

Delilah softly kissed the top of Katia's head before making her way back to the stage and said, "Sorry about that. Duty called."

The three were asked varying questions and then a fan said, "Don't take this the wrong way, but what is it like working with a mostly male cast? I know your husband is in the cast, but how do you handle a majorly male cast? Do you take some time alone or do you start acting like one of the guys?"

Delilah frowned. "One of the guys? What is that supposed to mean?"

"You know, like being rambunctious and all that."

"Out of all the questions you could ask, you choose that."

"You don't have to be bitchy about it."

"Honey, I will be when it's a question that makes me wonder. You're welcome to ask another question or you can sit down."

Sebastian's jaw clenched at the fan's words and Delilah took his hand in an attempt to calm him.

Another girl stood and said, "According to an article I read, you and Sebastian are parents. What's it like having a new baby?"

Delilah and Sebastian exchanged a concerned look before Sebastian said, "Our child is not to be thrust into the spotlight. That's something Delilah and I decided before the baby's birth and we're not talking about our child."

"Okay. Um, I'm sorry."

Delilah nodded. "It's all right. Did you have another question?"

"Uh, yeah. Last we saw, Bucky went into cryo. I was wondering if Gail is going to stay with him and be there when he wakes up."

"I think she will stay with him, no matter how long it takes to remove the Winter Soldier programming from Bucky's mind. Gail and Bucky are in it together and she'll wait for however long she has to for him to wake."

"Another question, I'm sorry. What do you think Gail will be doing while waiting for Bucky to wake up?"

Delilah thought for a moment. "Mmm, I imagine she'll be doing some work in the fields and playing with the children."

The girl smiled. "Thank you."

Several more questions were answered and the panel ended.

Delilah once again went backstage to check on Katia and saw that she was still asleep.

Sebastian came up behind her and asked, "Are you okay?"

Delilah nodded. "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

"You did sort of go off on some of the fans."

"Maybe a little, but bringing Kati into discussion was not okay. You answered that wonderfully, by the way."

"Thanks. To be honest, I was a little afraid how you'd answer."

"I am a bit of a mama bear."

"A bit?"

"Okay, maybe a lot a bit. Can you blame me?"

"No, printesa, I can't." He kissed her forehead and turned to the employee. "How was she?"

"She cried a little, but when Delilah came, all was well and she fell asleep. She's been asleep ever since."

Sebastian stroked Katia's hair softly and smiled. "There's my little girl." He took Katia who remained asleep, but let out a small sigh. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Delilah smiled and rested her head on Sebastian's shoulder as she watched their sleeping daughter.

The two had time before their next event and spending that time with their daughter was the perfect way in their minds.