Chapter 33

When they got back to set, Katia immediately ran up to her parents in tears.

Delilah picked up Katia and stroked her hair back as she asked, "What happened, sweetheart?"

Katia cuddled into her mother and as Anthony walked up, he said, "She missed you is all. How'd the appointment go?"

Sebastian nodded. "It went well. Baby's looking good."

"That's great, you guys. Any word on the gender?"

Delilah shook her head. "No, it's too early. Sebastian doesn't mind being outnumbered and-"

"Delilah wants a boy so we're tied 2-2."

Anthony laughed. "So it's a competition."

A small smirk crossed Delilah's face. "When is it not? Y'know, I realized I didn't have lunch. I'm gonna get something before Baby starts protesting." She tried handing Katia to Sebastian, but the little girl began crying again. "And I guess I'm taking Katia."

Delilah walked towards the food tent and perused the options. "What do you think I should have, Kati?"

Katia pointed to the spaghetti and garlic bread.

"Smart choice, little one. Mama does love garlic bread."

"Me," Katia said.

"And you? We'll have to make it for dinner some time."

She reached her hand out. "Num-num!"

Delilah grabbed a bowl and ripped off some of her garlic bread. She put it in the bowl. Once she'd gotten her food, she sat Katia down before sitting next to her.

Katia nibbled the garlic bread while Delilah ate.

Sebastian walked up to them and sat in front of them.

"Dada!" Katia cried, showing what was in her bowl.

The garlic bread fell out and Katia whimpered.

Sebastian picked it up and put it in the bowl. "You can still eat it, sweetheart." He met Delilah's eyes. "Did she insist of did you give her some?"

Delilah raised a brow. "What does it matter?"

"I'm just curious."

"She wanted some. We should make this at home sometime."

"And feed your garlic bread addiction?"

"Not to an extreme, but it does make me and Kati very happy. And I think Baby too."

He laughed softly. "Oh, so you're guilting me."

She shrugged. "Maybe. But she's all for it, which is great."

"I wish she was enthusiastic about fruits and vegetables."

"So do I, but there are things she likes." She got up and grabbed a banana and a knife. She cut the banana up and placed the pieces in the bowl.

Katia set the bread down on the table and started eating the banana.

Delilah frowned in thought and said, "What am I going to do if I'm not killed off? Because I assume there'll be some sort of time skip and being pregnant only lasts nine months. So almost five to go. And by the time filming wraps, Baby will either be here or be close."

A light smile crossed Sebastian's lips. "While I love how passionate you are about your character, let's not worry about that now, okay? Stress isn't good for you or the baby and since we don't know your ending, or the endings in general, let's not worry about it, okay?"

Delilah nodded slowly. "Yeah, okay." She glanced down at Katia who was happily eating her banana. "At least it's an easy cleanup. Not like blueberries." She shuddered lightly. "That stain gets everywhere and is awful to get out."

"Don't we both know." He smiled at Katia who looked up at him. "You just love making a mess, don't you?"

Katia grinned before turning back to her banana.

Sebastian and Delilah smiled and laughed softly as they watched their daughter gleefully enjoy her snack.

After a moment, Sebastian asked, "Did you get enough to eat?"

Delilah thought for a moment. "I could go for more garlic bread." She started getting up.

Sebastian stood and said, "Let me."

"You're the best, you know that?"

"I try to be." He got another piece of garlic bread and put it on her plate.

Delilah stared up at him. "That's a big piece."

"You never said how big and I thought you-"

"Ah, I'm gonna stop you right there. Our child is present. She doesn't need to hear your dirty thoughts."

"Fair enough. If you don't want to eat it all, I'm sure Katia or I could finish it."

Katia tried reaching for the bread and Sebastian said, "Let Mama eat what she wants first, cel mic."

The little girl began crying and Sebastian reached across the table and pulled her onto his lap.

Katia's cries turned to whines and Delilah sighed as she ripped off a piece before saying, "You're just like me."

Sebastian nodded. "That much is true."

Delilah rolled her eyes with a small smile. She suddenly looked up with wide eyes. "Seb."

"What? What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I can feel Baby moving."

He smiled as he took her hand. "That's great! God, I can't wait to meet him or her."

"Neither can I."

The little family sat at the table, two in excitement and one focused on the food and bowl in front of her.