Chapter 22

"I want to visit home," Delilah said.

"Home like Poland or Pennsylvania?" Sebastian asked in a teasing manner.

She frowned. "I haven't lived in Poland for years. Obviously I meant Harrisburg."

He laughed. "I know, Del. I'm teasing. Why do you want to go back, if I might ask."

"I want to visit my family. I know I just saw them, but with the break between Marvel, I want to go back and see them."

"I'm sad to say I can't go with you. I've got some stuff to film."

"That's perfectly fine. I'll take Katia and if you can come, we'll be happy and if not, that's all right too."

He kissed her and said, "I'm going to miss you and Kati. Did you already buy a ticket?"

"Not yet. I figured I'd talk to you first."

"I appreciate that."

Katia began crying and Sebastian got her and rocked her.

Katia's crying grew louder and Delilah took her as she said in a sweet voice, "Are you hungry, little one?"

Delilah grabbed her cover and went to feed Katia.

"I'll get your ticket," Sebastian said.

"You don't have to, Seb."

"I know, but I want to."

"You really are the best."

He chuckled softly as he sat in a chair and pulled out his phone to order the ticket.

Under the cover, Katia began crying and Delilah pulled her out and began rocking her.

Delilah stood, Katia in her arms, and opened a banana puree for Katia.

She placed the little girl in her high chair but Katia began screaming.

"Sweetheart, please," Delilah said softly.

Delilah pulled out her phone and turned on Disney music and Katia's crying subsided.

"Music always works wonders," Delilah said with a smile.

Sebastian came up behind her and kissed her cheek. "I sent your ticket to your email."

"Thank you. Would you like to feed her?"

"I've got to get ready, but let me know if you need me, okay?"

"I will."

As Katia ate, she let out little sighs and smiled at her mother.

Delilah smiled back. "I love you, sweet girl."

Katia smiled and gurgled, causing puree to spill down her chin.

Delilah wiped up the puree with a spoon and fed it to Katia.

Katia began playing with her mother's fingers as she ate and Delilah gently took her hand and shook it slowly.

The little girl wrapped her fingers around her mother's and cooed as she continued eating.

As soon as she finished, Delilah wiped her face and hands and began cuddling her.

Sebastian walked into the room and smiled as he watched his girls, hitting the table as he walked. He groaned and muttered a quiet curse.

Delilah glanced back and said, "You okay?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I'm good. Probably gonna bruise."

"I would imagine so. Do you need any ice?"

"I think I'm all right, but I appreciate the offer. I can always get some myself, since you've got Kati."

"Fair point." Katia pulled her hair, jerking her head to the side. "Ow." She gently removed Katia's hands. "Careful, sweet girl."

Katia rested her head on her mother's chest as she put her thumb in her mouth and Delilah's eyes fluttered shut. She hadn't gotten a lot of sleep and was exhausted.

Sebastian grabbed a blanket and covered her and Katia with a light smile. "Sleep well, sweetheart."