Chapter 37

Delilah slept as she held her newborn son.

Katia went to run into the room and Sebastian grabbed her.

"Mama and baby," the little girl protested.

"I know, but Mama needs sleep," Sebastian told her. "Waking your brother isn't a good idea."

"Pay, Dada?"

"Sure, we can play. What do you want to play?"

Katia grabbed a farm puzzle and dumped it out.

Sebastian sat across from her and they started doing the puzzle.

Katia held up a cow and said, "Moo-moo."

"That's right." He picked up the sheep piece. "And what about this?"

"Baa-baa." Her eyes widened as she grabbed the cat piece. "Meow-meow! Wohi!"

"That's right, Kati. A cat, just like Loki."

Delilah walked into the room, rubbing her eyes. "That looks fun, you two."

Katia smiled. "Dada pay."

"I see Dada playing with you."

"How'd you sleep?" Sebastian asked.

"Decently despite a baby crying at midnight and three for food. You?"

"Surprisingly well. But I've had coffee to help wake me up too. There's a fresh pot that's ready."

"You're amazing." She sighed. "To be able to drink copious amounts of coffee again."

He chuckled softly. "Are you hungry?"

"I'm actually not, which is odd. But I probably should eat something."

"I can do eggs if you'd like."

"No, not eggs. I could go for pancakes to be completely honest."

"Pancakes it is. Kati, want to help?"

Katia nodded and stood. Sebastian also got up and Katia took his hand.

The two made their way to the kitchen and he prepped the batter, then had Katia do some mixing while he held the bowl.

"Tawbewy and bubu?" Katia asked as she pointed to the fridge.

"Strawberries and blueberries sound like a great idea."

He grabbed the fruit and washed a handful, then had Katia put some in; although, the little girl was more insistent on eating the fruit by itself.

When the batter was ready, Sebastian cooked it and prepared a plate for Delilah as soon a couple pancakes we're done cooking.

Delilah, meanwhile, finished feeding Gabriel and laid him down in his bassinet.

She walked into the kitchen and smiled. "Smells delicious."

"Mama, I do!" Katia said proudly.

"You did do, Kati. I'm so proud of you."

"Tawbewy and bubu."

"What about strawberries and blueberries?"

"In the pancake batter," Sebastian explained. "She wanted fruit in there, so we put it in."

"Good choice, Kati."

While Gabriel slept, the other three sat down to have breakfast and Delilah sipped her coffee, thoroughly enjoying every sip.