Chapter 21

Sebastian walked into the living room to see a fantasy show he'd been in playing on the television.

He frowned and said, "Delilah, this isn't appropriate for her."

"I'm covering her eyes at scary parts," Delilah replied. "She did grab it and I figured she's already seen Civil War, so most of this show isn't scary."

"Don't you remember my character? He was psycho."

"I wouldn't necessarily say psycho, but I would say he's mad."

"Hilarious. Have you eaten?"

"No, but the thought of eating something makes me feel ill."

"Could you be-"

"Pregnant? Most certainly not."

"Are you sure? Because you could-"

"No, I couldn't."

He stared at her quizzically. "Why not?"

An amused smile crossed her lips. "I started it this morning."

"Oh. Oh! Well, um, all right then. How does a fried egg to your liking and chocolate chip and raspberry pancakes sound?"

"That sounds delicious. But you really don't have to go through that trouble."

"No, I don't, but you're always worth going through the effort, my dear."

Delilah's cheeks flushed and she smiled. "I appreciate it."

He kissed her and smiled. "What episode is this?"

"Hat Trick. Your first appearance."

He nodded. "I remember that. It was a great set. I had a great time."

Katia saw her father's appearance and squealed.

Delilah cuddled her daughter and said, "That's right, baby, that's Daddy."

Sebastian chuckled softly and asked, "Any tea preferences?"

"Peppermint if we have it. We may not have any, as I think I finished it off."

"I bought more because you've been going through it so quickly."

"You're the best."

"I try to be for my girls. Has Katia eaten?"

"Yeah, shortly before you got up."

He nodded again and kissed her head, then Katia's, and made his way to the kitchen.

As he cracked the eggs, he felt something rush past his legs and looked down to see Katia who was crawling after Loki.

Loki jumped on the table to avoid the little girl and Delilah pulled him off and tapped his nose before saying, "Bad kitty."

Katia began whining, wanting the cat and Delilah held Loki close to her before saying, "Gentle hands, sweetheart."

Delilah took one of Katia's hands and gently pet Loki with it. Katia began cooing as she pet the cat.

Sebastian glanced over and said, "She seems to love him a lot. She gets that from you."

Delilah smirked lightly and nodded. "Good. Our little girl loves cats."

"How would you feel about having a dog too?"

"I... I don't know. I've never had a dog and now with Katia around, we'd have to make sure the dog is good with both felines and children. And I don't know how Loki would react to a cat. He's pretty relaxed about things, but a dog is a whole other matter."

"It'll be something we think about and consider, okay?"

"Yeah, that sounds good. How long until breakfast?"

Sebastian laughed softly. "Patience, printesa. It'll be ready soon."

The water began boiling and Delilah turned it off. She put a couple packets of Irish Breakfast into her teapot, then put the water in.

When breakfast was ready, Sebastian set it on the table along with dishes. Delilah grabbed a banana purée for Katia and fed her in between bites of her own food.

"Let me," Sebastian said, taking the spoon from Delilah. "I can wait to eat. You're clearly hungry."

Delilah frowned, then nodded. "Thanks."

He smiled as he began feeding Katia who made a mess of her purée all over her face.

When Katia finished, Delilah, who was also done, grabbed a wipe and began wiping Katia's face and hands.

She glanced to her husband and said, "That was delicious. Thank you."

He nodded. "You're welcome, darling." He pulled Katia out of her high chair and she immediately cuddled into him with a small coo.

While he went to sit on the couch with Katia, Delilah put the extra food away and put the dishes in the dishwasher before joining her husband and daughter and the three sat together as they read books to Katia, who was insistent on one about touch-and-feel animals.