Chapter 34

Sebastian gently shook Delilah and said, "You've got to get up, Del."

Delilah groaned and held her head as she mumbled, "It's too bright."

He closed the shades and knelt next to the bed. "What's going on?"

"My head is killing me."

"Should be an easy fix. Let's get you some medicine and something to eat, okay?"

Delilah simply groaned in response.

Sebastian grabbed a couple Advil and a cup of water and handed them to Delilah. "Take these. What do you want for breakfast?"

"Honestly I'm not hungry."

"You should eat something. There's cereal, yogurt, bread for toast. What sounds good?"

"Nothing sounds good. I just want to curl up here and never step out into the light of day again."

Sebastian checked her forehead and frowned. "I think you're burning up."

"Great. A movie to shoot, a baby to grow, a kid to watch, and now I might be sick. That's just wonderful."

"Lay down. Do you have anything to film today?"

"No, thank god. It's my day off."

"I don't have anything either, so I'm gonna take care of you."

"Are you sure you can handle it? You know I'm a big baby when it comes to being sick."

He stroked her hair back. "I've tended to a sick and fussy Katia. I think I can handle it."

Katia, who was starting to wake, asked, "Mama otay?"

Sebastian picked her up and set her down on the couch. "Mama's not feeling well, so we're gonna take care of her. Are you hungry?"

Katia nodded and pointed to the box of cereal. "Dat."

Sebastian poured her some cheerios and she began eating them. He checked Delilah's temperature and sighed. "I'm sorry, printesa, but I hate to tell you. You're sick."

Delilah shot him a look. "Your humor isn't appreciated. But thanks for trying."

He sat next to her on the bed. "Is Baby at least treating you well?"

"Yeah. Can I have some toast?"

"Absolutely." He got up and put a slice of bread in the toaster.

Katia held up three cheerios stuck together and Sebastian smiled before saying, "That's pretty cool, isn't it?"

The little girl nodded as she put it in her mouth and began chewing it.

When the toast was ready, Sebastian asked, "Do you want anything on it?"

Delilah shook her head with a slight wince. "Ooh, bad idea. No thank you."

He gave her the toast and sat at the table while Delilah slowly sat up to eat. Katia slid off the couch and walked to her father, bowl of cheerios still in hand.

Sebastian picked her up as she grabbed at a book. He opened it and began reading.

Along the line, he glanced at Delilah to see that she'd fallen back asleep.

He reached over and pulled up the covers up so she'd be more comfortable.

He then turned back to the book and continued reading.

Several hours later, Delilah woke up just as Sebastian and Katia entered with food.

Sebastian smiled. "Hey, Del. How are you feeling?"

She sat up and shrugged. "Not fantastic, but much better than earlier. What's for lunch?"

"I'm glad to hear that. Chicken and rice. Are you up for some?"

"Can I have a little? I'm not very hungry."

"You can have as little or as much as you want, sweetheart." He dished out a small portion from the extra plate and handed it to Delilah.

Delilah got out of bed and sat at the table. "I don't want little bits of rice in the bed."

"Fair enough. Let me know if you want more, okay?"

She nodded. "Thanks for taking care of me. I know it can be hard."

"In sickness and in health, Del. Besides; you weren't as bad to take care of as you've been previously."

"I mean, I suppose not. I did spend a majority of time sleeping. So I think that definitely helped."

"Mama otay?" Katia asked as she looked at her mother.

Delilah smiled, stroking her daughter's hair. "Mama's okay."

Katia grabbed her mother's hand and held it close with a smile. Her parents chuckled softly as they smiled at their daughter's affection.