Chapter 80 - Magic and Mayhem

Back in the Bunker

The girls had taken Jared and Jensen home, and said they would call when they were ready with their plan or if they needed them again for the demons. When they got back home they were both excited about what they were planning to do.

Katie told Maggie exactly what kind of background she was looking for, and also that they would be needing a lot of many, over a mil, maybe two.

Maggie said she'd start with the money making, so Katie could go shopping for her disguise wardrobe. Before Katie left, she went back in to talk to Georgie. She grabbed a chair from outside the door and sat down opposite him.

"Hey Georgie, how are things going?"

He said, "I have this list you wanted."

"Good," said Katie, "let me see it."

"These two guys you have listed here as lieutenants, are they her top guys?" she asked.

"Yeah," he said.

"She just has these two?"

"That high up yeah," he answered. "Unless she's gotten more while I been in here," he added.

"How loyal are they to her, do you think?"

He shrugged. "As loyal as she needs as long as she's paying them," he said."

"What do you think would happen if someone else paid them more, maybe a lot more?"

"Why you asking anyway?"

"Well, Georgie, from what I hear, demons aren't known for their loyalty. Probably because they work for other demons, who aren't known for their loyalty either, let alone their generosity or trustworthiness toward their workers."

Georgie's expression indicated he thought she may have a point. "So where's this going?" he asked again.

"Georgie, how much were you getting paid to do the grunt work?"

"Three hundred a week," he answered.

Katie feigned surprise. "Are you kidding me? That's all you got?" She scoffed. "That's outrageous. Boy was she taking you for a ride."

"It was easy enough work," he countered.

"Yeah, until you screw up and get on her hit list," Katie said. "What's the going rate on your life these days?"

"Well, see," he said, kind of wincing. "I guess you've notice I ain't real bright. I'm lucky to get a gig at all, you know what I mean?"

Katie leaned forward and said gently, "Georgie? What would you say if I offered you a lot more money to work for me?"

Georgie looked up, confused. "Why would you do that?" he asked.

"Because I need a demon on my side, someone who knows things I don't. Are you willing to listen?"

"Yeah, sure I'll listen."

"These two lieutenants you named here, how well do you know them? Do you think they could be bought?"

He shrugged. "Maybe, hard to say."

"How long have they worked for her?" she asked.

"Not long. She only had a few followers until recently. She really just began getting a crew together like when she thought the Winchesters were dead."

"Is she a likable sort? I mean as demons go?"

He laughed outright at that. "Hell no," he said. "She's a bitch. She acts all high and mighty, you know, but she's nothing really. So she gets obedience by fear. She used torture and death to keep her crew in line."