Chapter 32 - Brainstorming

Katie's POV

After Cas left we made sandwiches and grabbed some beers and went to the viewing room to talk. All of us were a bit subdued.

"So Cas is the one responsible for bringing us together," I said. "I'm actually glad about that. It means that us being together isn't for someone's evil purposes."

"Yes," said Sam. "But it also means that whoever is doing the rest of it might not like it that you're here."

"Which means keeping you hidden wasn't a bad idea," Said Dean.

"Okay," I sad, "You win that one. At least for now."

"I wish we could remember what we saw on the finale. Whatever it was, it made us cry," said Maggie.

"Well," I said, "at least we still have some time before it happens, because we haven't even gotten to last week's episode here yet."

"Yeah, but I'm pretty sure we didn't like that one either."

"Kind of funny how we used to like all of them when we thought they were just fiction," I said.

Sam said, "Let's talk about the other thing for a minute. I'm trying to figure out why anyone would want to focus on Dean and Me. I mean what would he want with us? And why make a world where we are fictional? What purpose could that even serve?"

"It's just crazy," I said.

"Well let's look at what's already happened to us," said Dean. "Yellow Eyes wanted Sam to open the gates of Hell for him, and lead his demon army. He came when Sam was just six months old to bleed into his mouth. Michael and Lucifer wanted both of us for vessels so they could use us to fight each other. And that was planned even before our parents got together. So apparently we've been on both Angel and Demon radar since before we were even born. Why is it such a stretch that yet another asshole being wants to use us for something?"

"It's not a stretch that someone wants to," said Sam. "It's just crazy that two worlds are involved. Especially considering the girls weren't a part of that plan. Doesn't it seem just too coincidental that they are from the same world where we are fictional?"

"Wait a minute, though," I said. "The theory of multiple universes would say that there were more worlds like ours. So there would be more worlds where we exist and where you are fictional characters in a TV show. You actually went to one, because that one can't be ours. Se theoretically, we might not even have come from the same world that first started the TV show going."

"This whole thing makes my head hurt," said Dean, rubbing his head.

"Yeah," said Sam, "mine too."

"What if they aren't connected?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" asked Sam.

"I mean, what if the one who wants you two isn't the same one who first wrote the fictional TV show? What if that's as coincidental as Maggie and I being here because of Cas?"

"That's a lot of coincidences," said Sam.

"Let's think about what has to be true," said Dean. "Like, whoever wrote the story had to know about our family from the beginning."

"That might not be true either," said Maggie. "We've seen an early draft of the pilot, and it wasn't anything like the one that finally aired. You guys weren't brought up in the life. That happened later. You had a normal upbringing, raised by an aunt or something."

Dean scrunched up his face. "What!" he said. "That makes even less sense in this whole crazy thing."

"Was our dad a hunter? Was our mom killed in the fire? Did the demon drop blood in my mouth?"