Chapter 28 - A New Lead

Katie's POV

By the time we were all up, showered and dressed, and had a bit of breakfast it was after 11. We all took seats at the tables in the study to begin our research. I took out a couple of pages I had printed out at home and I looked it over carefully for any possible empty spaces. There were none.

I handed them to the boys. This is a long list of anyone we could find who had any connection with supernatural on our side. All the actors, writers, directors and as many peripheral people as we could find. I think what you guys should do now is check each one and see if they exist here, and what they do here. Any discrepancies may be really important.

Dean nodded and said "Okay, what are you gonna do?"

"Maggie and I will start pouring through these books you got and see if we can find anything relevant to our circumstances."

We worked for several hours without anyone saying much. Then Dean cleared his throat and said, "Okay, on my list everyone checks out as here, pretty much doing the same things, except five people. Jensen and Jared, we already know. They play us. But on this world there is also no Misha Collins, no Mark Sheppard, and no Genevieve Cortese."

"What about Daneel Harris?" I asked.

Dean looked at his list. "She's here. She's an actress."

I chuckled. "So, Sam's 'wife' isn't here, but yours is," I said. "How interesting." I pulled up a picture from the ones I had loaded into my computer, and turned it around for them to look at. "Who is this?" I asked.

"That's Crowley," said Sam. I nodded.

"And we already know that Cas and Ruby looked the same to you when you went to that other dimension before," Maggie said.

"Yeah," said Dean. "But Cas died on that other world, so that couldn't have been the one you're from. You still have Cas in the show, right?"

"Yes," I said, "but we already knew that couldn't have been our exact world."

"Why?" asked Sam.

I looked at them, and then it dawned on me. "Oh you guys don't know, do you. You left before the rest of it happened."

"The rest of what?" asked Dean.

"After you left, Virgil pretty much killed off the rest of the show. He killed Eric Kripke, Robert Singer, and a whole bunch of the cast and crew. On that world, Supernatural had to be pretty much over."

"Damn," said Sam, making it into two syllables.

"What about Eric Kripke?" I asked.

"Oh, he's on my list, and no, he doesn't exist here, either," said Sam. "But he's the only one I've found so far. I'm not done though."

I was puzzled. "Cas? Crowley? Ruby? Eric Kripke? Why them, what do they have in common?"

"Well," Maggie said, "Eric Kripke is the developer of the show, so that might be important. The others are all supernatural creatures."

"This isn't making sense yet," I said. I showed the boys pictures of other characters from the show, including Bobby, Ellen and Jo, Belthazar, Gabriel, Uriel, Zachariah, even their own brother Adam. They didn't recognize any of them.

"There has to be some reason only certain people do not exist here. Let's just keep digging," I said, picking up the book I was reading before.

"She's pretty," said Dean, with a teasing grin.

"Who?" asked Sam?

"My wife," said Dean, glancing at Maggie, who picked up a book and threw it at him. We all laughed and got back to work.