Chapter 81 - Love Letters

Sam and Dean

When the boys found themselves once again in the realm of the Nephirum, Dean asked for privacy, so Tarsa led them to his chambers and turned on the privacy mode. They all took seats and the boys brought Tarsa up to speed on what was going on down below.

"When this is all over, and we win this thing," said Dean "I want some sort of reward and recognition for every one of the people who've helped us. They are calling themselves the Band of Heroes, and they are definitely that."

"The things they did to help are amazing," added Sam.

"I'm sure we can arrange that," Tarsa said smiling. "And you need to know, that mock trial you went through, when you were charged as witches?" The boys nodded.

"What about it?" asked Dean.

"Unfortunately, that happened because we had a traitor among us," he said sadly. "He has since been dealt with. But he paid off that mayor, and he also was behind the attack by Loo."

"I'm sorry to hear that," said Dean. "That must be hard for you."

Tarsa nodded, "It is a bit. We were good friends, once upon a time."

"Also," said Sam, "the Heroes have found three of the Protectors for us, and have things already set up and waiting for us. If all goes well, we might knock off three of these in one day."

Tarsa's face lit up like a kid back home on Christmas. "Why that's marvelous," he said. "These Heroes of yours do certainly deserve recognition.

There was a long silence, during which the boys looked very serious, and a bit hesitant. "Is there something else?" Tarsa asked.

"Yes," said Dean, nodding. "Yes there is. We are worried about our mates back home, and we know they must be worried about us. We want you to arrange to take messages to them, and bring answers back."

Sam added, "We are too worried about them, and that is interfering with our ability to function at optimum level."

"I can understand that. I know how I would feel to be away from my mate this long, without knowing how she was doing."

This statement made the boys look up at him in surprise. "You have families here?" asked Sam.

"Indeed we do. My wife, Mellona and I have three little ones," Tarsa answered.

"Wow, I never thought… I never considered that possibility," said Sam.

Tarsa smiled indulgently. "Why would you. We must seem very foreign to you."

"I.. I don't think it's that. I think it's that our angels don't… they don't have families," said Sam. "And I guess we think of you as angels."

"A reasonable conclusion, considering your own personal experiences, said Tarsa. "But we are nothing like your angels."

Dean nodded. "We see that," he said.

'If that is all, I shall have some food delivered to your room. When your letters are written, just open your door, and someone will collect them from you."

Katie and Maggie

Katie was able to take care of all the preparations on the following day, and was home just after eight that evening.

"I want to see if Jared and Jensen are available, and then I could fill you all in at once." Maggie concurred and they both went to the Impala to call Eric and visit their parents.

Eric called back and said the boys were able to come, and that they would be there in about thirty minutes. When they got there, the girls introduced them to their parents, who once again had to deal with the shocking resemblance between them and the real Sam and Dean.