Chapter 40 - Making Contact

Katie's POV

It was, indeed Eric Kripke's message on the phone. It said "I have no idea who you think you are or what you think you know, but I am a curious person, so I will hear what you have to say. Call me at (this number) and 2 pm Eastern time tomorrow." His tone was brisk and businesslike.

I copied down the message and went back to the garage. Mom and Dr. Jeffries were having an animated discussion about his excitement at having his life's work verified. I said, "I do hate to break this up, but the others will be concerned about us. We need to get back."

"Oh yes, of course, my child," he said. "Do let us return." He took my mother's hand and kissed it, and got back into the car. I gave my mom a quick hug and kiss and got back into the car as well, and sent us back home.

Everyone was excited about the discovery that other people could use the portal. We took our guests inside and got them settled in a guest room. They were showing signs of wear now that the initial excitement was over, and after the long plane ride and the jet lag. We agreed that they should sleep in as long as they wished in the morning.

After we left the guests I told everyone to go to the viewing room, I had more news. I read them Kripke's message and we all were excited about that too.

Dean said, "Well maybe we'll finally get some answers"

"Yeah maybe," I said, "If he's willing to cooperate. It's not like we really have any leverage against him. We can't exactly threaten to expose him, no one would believe us on that world."

"Well," said Sam, grinning. "You'll just have to use your considerable charms on him."

"Okay guys," I said. "This has been a long, long day, and I suspect tomorrow will be another one so we ought to get some sleep," I said. "I know I'm exhausted. Oh, Mags, how's the sauce coming?"

"It's really good, Katie. I think it's one of our best batches ever."

"Must be cause we made it with love," I said smiling up at Sam.

"Could be," said Maggie. "I'll go turn it off for the night."

Back in Sam's room, as we were getting ready for bed, Sam said, "I had an amusing conversation with Dean today."

"Oh? What about."

"Well it seems he wants to learn how to be more romantic!" he said grinning.

I laughed softly. "Yeah, Maggie told me he asked her if he was creative enough for her. It seems he overheard a conversation we had the other day."

"Oh really? What were you saying?"

"Well, Sweetie, you have to understand that Maggie and I tell each other everything, and I hope that doesn't make you too uncomfortable, but I told her about the "Dark Wizard," I said amusedly.

"Oh geez, and he heard that?"

"Yeah," I said. "And he told her it was more information than he ever wanted to know about his brother," which made Sam laugh. "But apparently, that made him think about himself, and now I'm getting the idea that he's obsessing over it."

Sam laughed and said, "Yeah, you should have seen him try to ask me about it. At first it was almost comical. It was so against his nature to talk about anything like that that he seemed almost angry. He kept threatening me."

"Threatening you?"

"Yeah, about not ever telling anyone, and to stop laughing at him. But finally I got what he was really asking and we ended up having a nice, long heart-to-heart talk."

"Well good, that's good. So what did you tell him?"

Sam pulled me to him and looked laughingly into my eyes. "Oh, I told him how to make his woman mad with desire, like I make mine," he said with a wink. "I do make my woman mad with desire, don't I?"

I pretended to think. "well, you have in the past. Why don't you try again, and see if you still can?"

Turns out, he still could.

Outside the Bat Cave

Andro adjusted the frequency on his hand held and began trying to establish connection with home base. "Home base, this is Andro, come in."

After sever readjustments, Andro got a response, "This is home base, Andro, we hear you, go ahead."

"I need to speak to Tarsa. We have an emergency situation, over"

After a few minutes wait, Andro heard, "This is Tarsa, go ahead,"

"Tarsa, Sir, it's worse than we thought. The younger Winchester came out for about 20 minutes today. We were able to get a good mind scan. This one's love thread is fully glowing, and his memories indicate the other one has someone as well. Somehow they have girls inside their dwelling, and they have both formed strong emotional bonds with them. Very strong bonds. Love bonds. Please advise, over."

"Andro, stand by, over."

After a few more minutes, home base responded. "Andro, were you able to get a read on where these girls came from?"

"Sir, not really. What we picked up on is a bit garbled. We couldn't get a fix on it. Over."

"Andro, stand by, over."

Andro waited even longer than the last time for a response. "Andro," said Tarsa, finally. "Were you able to get a reading on the location of the object?"

"No sir. As you know, their dwelling is warded. We can't get inside. Perhaps a Senior could manage it, over."

"I have been expecting that and I have someone ready. Expect him soon. He will arrive with further orders. Tarsa over and out."

Andro shut off the hand held and sighed. He hated working with the Seniors. They were usually arrogant dicks. He settled back to watch the dwelling for the night, but he knew he would see no activity until at least daylight.

After about an hour of this world's time, he heard the fluttering sound that heralded the arrival of a colleague. He turned to see a golden-skinned senior seated next to him. Crap, he thought, could Tarsa have made a worse choice?

Eskiron smiled smugly at Andro. "Need my help again do you? No surprise there," he said, by way of greeting.

Andro closed his eyes, bit his tongue, took a breath and managed to keep his voice even. "Your presence is my honor, Senior. I was told you would be bringing orders."

"Your orders are to obey my orders," he said haughtily. "My orders are not your concern. You will pass me the mind scan, and then continue watching until I give you further orders."

"Yes Senior," he said, as he handed over the mind scan, and Eskiron disappeared. Thank the Great Mother he wouldn't have to endure his company all night, he thought.