Chapter 41 - Charmed, I'm Sure

Katie's POV

None of us slept very sell that night. Sam and I found ourselves awake at the same time several times during the night. At seven we finally gave up and got ready for the day. When we hit the kitchen about seven thirty, Maggie and Dean were already there, and they confided they were too excited to sleep as well. The sauce had been set to simmering again.

So we made some breakfast and sat around the table just all wondering out loud what we thought was going on with the portal and what Eric Kripke might say. We were still there an hour and a half later when our guests joined us.

We made them some breakfast and Maggie and I joined them at the kitchen table while the boys both lounged against the counters. Dr. Jeffries was still visibly excited and he asked Maggie and I to tell him what we knew about the portal already.

So we told him how the boys did not live on our world, but that their lives were portrayed on a TV show where the actors who portrayed them were their exact duplicates. We told them how we accidentally came through the portal, and how we found out that the boys couldn't.

Then he asked us, "What is so special about the lives of these boys that they would make a TV show out of it?"

Good question, I thought. I looked over at Dean and Sam, who looked at each other, and after a minute they gave me a slight nod. So I took in a sigh and let it out. I said, "Okay, you are going to hear some things you may find hard to believe." I looked at Dr. Jeffries, and then at his son. "The thing is, Sam and Dean are what's known as hunters. Not the kind of hunters you think of when you hear that word. They don't hunt deer or rabbits." I paused, looked right into Dr. Jeffries eyes and said, "They hunt monsters."

He looked incredulous. So did his son.

"Yes," I said, "Honest to goodness, or well, badness, monsters. Werewolves, vampires, ghosts, spirits, and all the scary things that go bump in the night. They are all real here."

Dr. Jeffries stared at me, as did his son. "Och No!" he exclaimed, This cannot be true!"

"I know it's hard to believe, but I assure you, it is true. The shows on our world follow their real story, tell about the real monsters they fight. And that's only the beginning. But you need to digest that much for a minute."

"You are saying this world we live in has monsters on it?" asked Thomas, his son.

"Yes, That's exactly what I'm saying."

"Does your world have them too?" he asked.

"Not that I have ever heard of. Everything that is real here, we have as fiction. We have all the supposed lore on them. But we don't have them."

"Dr. Jeffries seemed to have assimilated the crazy information we were throwing at him, and he asked, "You said that was just the beginning?"

Again I looked at Sam and Dean and got the nod to go ahead. "Yes," I said. "It's more like the monsters are just the tip of the iceberg. But we have to tell you everything if we expect you to give us your real thoughts on what might be going on. You have to know the whole truth."

They both nodded, but were looking intently at me to continue.

"On this world," I said, "what you think of as demons from Hell and angels from Heaven, they exist too. They walk the earth. Demons possess people, and the boys hunt them too. But they've actually known a few demons that helped them and weren't all that bad. Sort of. And angels, well, for the most part they are pretty much… I was about to say dicks, but decided against it… not particularly nice. Not what you'd imagine angels to be."