Chapter 24 - Clues and Strategies

Katie's POV

We watched the first five episodes. It was both entertaining and educational. We learned that practically the only thing that was exactly the same was Sam and Dean themselves. None of the other characters were identical people, not even their dad. Some of them even had different names. Sometimes the places were the same name but looked different, and sometimes the places themselves were different.

But the main story line carried through. They were looking for their dad, they hunted the things that were shown on the show, although the way the hunts went down for the boys was most of the time very different. They also hunted things that so far have not turned up in the shows, but happened during the same timeline. All the girls they met weren't pretty, and Dean insists he didn't try to tap them all.

Maggie and I see the similarities in their behavior, but they don't always. Conversations weren't the same, they didn't pull off the side of the road to talk after each hunt. All that kind of stuff was window dressing for the show. So all of this left us with only one possible conclusion…

"This is all about you two," I said. "Someone or something is pulling your strings, and has been for a long, long time. Maybe even before you were born. Someone had to manipulate events on two worlds to make actors that look like you grow up to play you on a TV show. Someone had to manipulate events in one world to happen over twenty years before the TV show ever even started. This is just crazy!"

We all looked at each other for a few minutes, then Dean said, "Son of a Bitch."

Sam cleared his throat. He looked scared. "There might be another possibility," He said. "Dean, remember when we had Dorothy here from the Wizard of Oz? That was a real world for her, but it's a book here. Katie, do you guys have the Wizard of Oz?"

"Yes," I answered, and started thinking myself about this concept.

"Okay, so that's exactly what we have here, only with a TV show."

We were all stunned at the thought of this possibility. "So... what? Someone writes a book and it creates a reality? But that can't be in this case because you guys existed way before the TV show was even thought of."

"What if we didn't?" asked Sam. "What if, when someone wrote the first script or thought out the story line, it created us right then, but gave us memories that make us feel like we've been here all along?"

Maggie said, "Oh my god! What a scary concept!"

Dean said, "So what happens to us when the show stops?"

Again, we all looked around at each other, as though the answer to that would be written on one of our faces. Finally, Maggie said softly, "Maybe… maybe this world just goes away!"

Now there's a really scary thought. "No, I said, why would it? 'The Wizard of Oz' was written years ago, but apparently Oz is still up and running."

"Maybe because the books still exist. Maybe when the last book is gone, Oz will wink out too."

"And what about us?" asked Maggie. "How do we fit into this? Let's just say for a moment that someone wrote a story line for 'Supernatural' and it caused this world to wink into existence. Where do we come in? We have nothing to do with the show except that we got addicted to it. Is that written in a script too? I don't think so!"

That was another good question. "God damn!" I said. "We have a whole lot of questions and not a single answer. We don't even have a clue that tells us where we might start looking for answers."

Maggie said, "I think you and I should hop and do some research over there. Then come back here and compare things. That's the only place I can see to start."