Chapter 83 - And When They Don't

Warping 83 - And When They Don't

Sam and Dean

The group was fairly large, and people were milling about, so when two others joined the throng no one thought a thing about it. They made their way without notice until they were directly behind Sam and Dean. When the boys gasped and fell to the ground, everything was chaotic, and by the time anyone realized what had happened, the strangers had vanished.

Several people dropped to their knees to check out how the boys were. They were both bleeding very badly and people were pressing various pieces of clothing against their wounds to staunch the flow. The wounds were bad, however. They both looked to have penetrated their hearts. People were crying. Others were shouting for healers.

Dean fell unconscious, but Sam was trying to talk. His voice was barely a whisper, and Hale leaned down to try to hear him better. "Orb," he whispered. "In bag."

Hale grabbed Sam's bag and opened it. He looked through the contents until he found a white orb about three inches in diameter. He held it out to Sam. "Put." Sam said, losing energy by the second. "Hand." he whispered.

Hale put the orb in Sam's hand and curled his fingers around it. Using all the strength he could muster, he lifted the orb about 3 inches off the ground until his strength ebbed and his hand fell.

Fortunately the impact was enough, and both boys disappeared from the midst of the crowd. The band of heroes could do nothing but stare and hope that they would see the Chosen Ones again. Otherwise, their hope for better lives had just been crushed, along with the lives of the two wonderful heroes who were trying to help them.

Katie and Maggie

Everyone was cheering at the success of the mission. Maggie unchained the boys and they were cheering and sending victory signals too. Katie checked both men the lieutenants were wearing and they were still alive but unconscious. Lilitu's body was pulled out by the body guards, who were going to dispose of it.

"Hello girls," said a voice outside the car. Everything stopped. "Need I introduce myself?" he asked.

"Crowley," said Katie, mostly for the benefit of Maggie and the boys who couldn't see him. He was standing just outside the car with his hands in his pockets. "Smart girl," he said. "And you… are Katie. Don't look so surprised, I know who you are. I've been watching you."

"Why?"

"Because you've been playing in my sandbox, and you didn't even stop and say 'Hi,'" he said.

"Hi," Katie said, though she was scared for the first time throughout this whole thing.

Crowley threw his head back and laughed. "Well, you've got spunk, I'll give you that. But then, I wouldn't expect anything less from any girl who's caught the eye of a Winchester."

That statement threw Katie for a loop too. "Why don't you come in and sit down, and we can discuss it?" she said.

"Oh now you're just hurting my feelings," he said. "I did tell you I've been watching you, I do know about the nice little trap on your ceiling."

"So which one's yours, Sam or Dean?" he asked pleasantly. When she frowned at that, he said pleasantly "You should know, I know about your sister, and I know about those doppelgangers of the boys who've been helping you. What I don't know is where are the real Moose and Squirrel?"

When Katie didn't answer, he nodded and remarked, "Just as recalcitrant as they are I see. Oh well, no matter. Just give them a message for me, will you," and then he shouted, "TELL THEM I'VE BEEN CALLING THEM, AND TO ANSWER THEIR BLOODY PHONE!" Then he got pleasant again and asked her a second time, "Now, which one did you say was yours?"