Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Logan

She ignores me. She ignores me the morning-after, at breakfast when I complain about the Lebanese coffee being too sour. She ignores me when I ask her if I could put my laundry with hers (and I obviously take that as a no). Then, she ignores me when my motorcycle is delivered by the mechanic company.

And I thought that she must be just having a bad day or something. But as the ignoring continues, the feeling of guilt in my stomach grows. No matter what I do to get her attention, whether it's ordering her favorite pizza or doing the freaking dishes, I still get nothing.

And I try to think of the gazillion things I might have done to piss her off so much, but all I can think of is that night at the party. But she seemed okay right after. She literally defended me in front of Adam, so she must have been okay. In other words, I've been obsessing non-stop about her, us. 

Fuck. It's been a week. An entire week of pretending that I don't even exist. And if she would scream, or shout, or do anything to recognize my existence at least, this shitty feeling would probably go away.

I never even thought that she would have this power over me. How did we come to this? Fuck. I thought this was sexual - just about her being so freaking hot. But I'm losing my freaking mind over here. 

 As I sit on my office desk, I decide to talk to Melanie about it. She's her best friend after all. Or the closest thing she has to a best friend. 

"Hey, Mel?"

She looks up from her laptop.

"I need to ask you something."

"Shoot."

"It's an Em- related situation..."

Melanie literally cringes. "Shit. I kind of noticed the tension between you too."

"She's not even talking to me, Mel. It's been a week. A long, painful, never-ending week!"

"Well, what did you do?"

"Thanks for automatically assuming that I did something. But that's the thing. I have literally no clue what I did."

She eyes me for a split second before a smile tugs at her lips. "Fuck, you're being serious."

"Dead serious! I can't take the silent treatment anymore, please help!"

She shrugs. "I mean, there's nothing much I can do. Emily is... complicated."

Complicated is an understatement. I let out a long exhale. "Well, what do I do?"

She looks me in the eye, pity written all over her face. "Look, she'll come around. She's just this way."

Yeah, well, my stomach feels like puking every time I see her and she pretends that I don't exist. And I miss her, goddamn it. I miss our banters. I miss our silly fights. I miss having her pretend she's annoyed when she's on the verge of smiling. I miss arguing over the music in the car or whose turn is it to do the dishes or my laundry getting mixed with hers. 

I take a deep breath and knock on her office door. I wait for a couple of seconds before hearing her say "Come in". She obviously doesn't know that's me. When I go inside, she looks up from her laptop for a split second before looking back at her screen.

My stomach literally turns into knots at the sight of her. Her hair is up in a ponytail. She's wearing her cute transparent glasses. Her blazer is on the chair behind her, and she's wearing a white dress shirt with the first two buttons unbuttoned. Fuck, she has no idea what she does to me.

And I can picture us right here, right now, me throwing her on the desk, pushing all her shit out of the way as I take her from behind. My dick twitches at the thought. Fuck, the things I'd do to her. "Emily," My voice is raw, raspy, clearly reflecting my dirty thoughts.

But she doesn't look up. Fair, I'm picturing her naked after all. I take a deep breath and focus on sounding serious at least. Because I am. I am so freaking serious, I can't take it anymore. 

"Em... It's been a week. Whatever I've done, I'm sorry. I'll do anything. Just talk to me, please."

Still, nothing.

"So, you're just going to ignore me?"

No answer, again, which turns the hurt into frustration. I can't believe she can so carelessly do that: just cut me off. She doesn't even look bothered. And the thing is that I'd literally do anything to have her talk to me again. Anything. 

"Great, very mature, Em. You know, what? Fine. Two can play at this game."

I slam the door after me and return to face Mel and Josh giving me pity looks. "Okay, enough with these looks. Whatever, I don't care." Lies, lies, lies. It kills me that she doesn't fucking give two shits about me.

"If it makes you feel better, we've all been through the Em-silent-treatment phase," Josh says.

"What does that even mean?"

"You'll find out," He says while trying to suppress a smile but I'm way too pissed. It's not even funny, why is he smiling?

"I don't want to. I'm done trying here."

I pull out my phone and text Mar. 

Fuck, I know that I'm going to regret this but I need a distraction. And I know that I sound like an asshole but Mar is the perfect distraction.

Hey, babe. I miss you. Can we talk?