Chapter 60

Logan 

3 months later

"Hey, you're not coming to grandpa's place?" Noah barges into my bedroom. 

One of the downsides of living in New York was seeing too much of my dad's family. That includes Family reunions every Sunday. 

Thankfully, Em and I exceptionally scheduled our call at one pm my time, which is eight pm her time. In other words, I am allowed to skip this family reunion since my mom considers talking on the phone with Em a legit excuse. Unlike having a midterm or a severe cold.  

Em and I have gotten closer the past couple of months. What started with weekly calls turned into daily ones which then turned into bi-daily ones. 

We're still friends

Just, you know, friends who have hour-long conversations and talk about every single detail of their lives, and sometimes even fall asleep on the phone. But just friends, of course. 

I shake my head at Noah. "Nope, I need to call Em at one."

Noah smirks. "You're so whipped. When are you going to tell her that you're like, head over heels for her?"

I roll my eyes at him. "The second you tell Amy that you've been head over heels for her for like, the past ten years."

That earns me a glare but thankfully makes him leave without giving me more shit. 

Yes, I like Em. Okay? I do, I might even... I might even be in love with her. But I know we can't have a relationship when I'm oceans away. So, I don't want to lose her. I'd rather have her as a friend than not have her at all in my life. 

Speaking of...

My phone's screen lights up with a text. Em. 

My heart speeds for a second. 

It's a picture of her with a bunch of younger girls hiking. She's taking them hiking at the Qurna Sawdaa mountain; the one she took me to. 

She's wearing large sunglasses or mountain glasses, whatever you call them, so it's difficult to see her eyes. Her beautiful smile makes my stomach tighten. I can't help but send back a bunch of emojis that include hearts in every color. 

God,  Noah is right. I am whipped. 

I look at the clock and groan when I notice that it's still ten in the morning. Three more hours to go...

I could go to the gym. Or do my laundry. Or... I could cook something and then send a picture to Em. 

Okay, we're going with option three. 

I walk to the kitchen and try to ignore Noah who is making coffee for the third time today. This guy has severe caffeine addiction issues, I swear. 

I open the fridge, only to be met by empty shelves. "Why do we not have any food in the fridge?"

"Because we always order and never cook?"

I pause to think about it for a second. Yes, I have been eating microwaved pizza for the past week but do I really never cook? I don't remember that. At all. 

"Alright, well, I'm ordering groceries. What do you want?" I say as I take out my phone. 

Noah frowns. "Did you fall on your head or something?"

"Why? Because I decided to cook?"

"Yes."

I glare at him. "No. I'm just sick of heating frozen pizza. I'm going to make some lasagna."