Chapter 9-Welcome

After your shower you went back to your room. You still had a bit of unpacking to do but it could always wait till later, you were exhausted and just wanted to relax for a bit. You sit on the edge of your bed brushing your hair when there was a light knock on your door. You set your brush down on your desk and open the door to find Mina grinning at you.

"Hey Y/N, what ya doing? Wanna hang out for a while?" She tilts her head and makes puppy dog eyes begging you to say yes.

You laugh and role your eyes. "How could I say no,,,Do you wanna come in? The place is a bit,,,"

"Yay, come on bestie,,," She grabs your wrist and drags you from your room leaving the door slightly ajar as she drags you towards the common room.

A little shocked at the pink girls actions you just let her lead you and chuckle at her excited little skips. Suddenly you are in the main common room and you notice the room is full, It looked like almost everyone from your class was here.

When they see you enter they all turn and call out, "Y/N Welcome to the family"  There was cheers and laughs all round and the room was full of happy smiling faces.

"Mr Aizawa gave us permission to have a small welcome party for you so we could bond, isn't that great?" Uraraka explained as she grabbed your hand and dragged you further into the room.

You can feel tears well up in your eyes and wipe them away before they could fall.

"Are you alright Y/N?" Midoryia looked at you with worry in his voice.

You nod and smile. "Oh I'm fine, just a little overwhelmed is all. Thank you all for being so kind and friendly."

Todoroki hands you a glass of juice "I'm glad I saved you this morning, this wouldn't be as fun without you!"

You laugh and except the juice thanking him before joining Mina and Denki who were dancing to music in the middle of the room.

You nudge Mina in the ribs "I wish you had given me a heads up about this,,,"  You gesture to the room full of people.

"But it wouldn't have been a surprise if I told you about it before hand." She takes you by the hand and spins you around.

"Yeah but I'm not really dressed for a party."  You draw her attention to the shorts and tank top you had on.

She looks you up and down and shrugs. "You look cute so who cares? It's just a dorm party anyway" she spins you around again and twirls you away from her.

You spin and stumble slightly, your slippers not having great grip on the floor, you end up crashing into something hard but oddly soft at the same time. You place your hands on the object you crashed into and look up only to realise it was Bakugo. 

You stand frozen in place looking up into his crimson eyes, you feel your face burning under his gaze and then realise you were still holding onto him and push yourself away with a bit too much force causing you to land on your ass in the middle of the floor.

"Ow,,," You rub your backside as you sat there. "Oh, um, s-sorry,,," You look up to see a hand stretched out to you.

"Tch,,dumbass,,,?" Bakugo looked down at you, waiting for you to take his hand. When you do he drags you to your feet.

"Um,, thanks."  You can feel the strength in his hands but his grip was gentle.

"Hey Kacchan you made it,,,I'm glad." Midoryia's voice made you realise you were still holding hands so you snap your hand to your chest and run off.

Bakugo watches you walk off before turning on Midoryia. "Damn it Deku,,,You're all being so fucking loud I couldn't study."

"Oh s-sorry Kacchan,,,we can try be,,," Midoryia was panicking now.

"Shut it Deku,,,I'm here now, I may as well stay," He stomped over to join Kirishima on one of the couches.

Meanwhile you had run over to the far side of the room where Asui and Toru were chatting with Aoyami.

Aoyami sees you coming towards them"Mon Amie, are you having a good time?" He flashes you a smile.

"Y/N, Your face is all red! Are you feeling okay?" Toru places an invisible hand against your forehead to check for a fever.

You just smile and nod. "I think I just danced too much with Mina, I'm fine."  You give a nervous laugh hoping she bought your lie.

You take a few minutes to collect yourself before joining the fun again, you made sure not to get too close to Bakugo for the rest of the night you didn't want to annoy him.

You had fun dancing and chatting and by the time Iida put an end to the festivities at 11pm you were ready for bed.

You thanked everyone again for making this the best night ever and head towards your dorm stretching and yawning slightly when someone suddenly grabs your arm and pulls you into the kitchen area.