Chapter 65 - New Years

The chill air nipped at your nose while you were standing at the station. You checked the time on your phone again, "Geez,,,where is he?" Wish I could transform, my fur would keep me warm. "Damn jerk where is h,,,HEY?!"

"Who you calling a jerk?" Katsuki pulled your ear as he stepped up behind you. You swat him away with a growl. "Come on lets go."

You glare at the smirking blonde, "What took you so long, it's freezing out here." You poke him gently as you stroll along.

Katsuki just chuckles and drapes his arm over your shoulder dragging you close to him and as soon as he does you can feel his body heat seep into your. You smile at the cosiness, "You're still a jerk."

You spent the rest of the walk filling each other in on how your holiday was going so far and what you done for Christmas and before you knew it you were at the shrine entrance.

"So,,,what do we do?" It was your first time going to a shrine or doing anything like this so you weren't sure what was expected. There was a lot of people of all ages around, elderly couples all wrapped up, young families holding hands and random individuals blowing on there hands to keep warm.

Katsuki dragged you into the queue of people and explained how you had to ring a bell, clap hands a few times and make a wish for the New Years. It sounded simple enough but you were worried you'd do it all in the wrong order, did you clap then ring the bell or was it the other way around and when were you meant to bow?

You were still trying to figure it out when a very excited shout came from the crowd behind you. "MISS KITTY,,,KACCHAN!!" You turn to see a well wrapped up Eri dashing towards you and a grumpy Mr Aizawa shaking his head as he followed suit.

"Oh hey Eri," You barely had enough time to open your arms to catch the girl as she threw herself at you laughing.

"Eri,,,you need to calm down." Mr Aizawa groaned as he drew closer. "Ugh, sorry I tried to tell her to wait but as soon as she saw your tail,,,," He rolled his eyes.

Eri grinned up at you as you place her feet back on the ground and pat her head. Your tail swishing behind you pleased that the little girl wanted to say hi to you that badly.

Katsuki was grumbling behind you and Aizawa was doing the same behind Eri, "Y/N can we go to the shrine together? Please?" She turned to Aizawa, "Please Papa?"

Aizawa rubbed the back of his neck and avoided her gaze, "It's up to L/N and Bakugo." At that Eri turned her puppy dog eyes on you and boy was it hard to say no to those eyes.

Your heart was melting and just as you were thinking how cute this little girl was Katsuki leaned in and whispered, "Now you know how I feel when you give me those puppy dog eyes of yours." He sniggered and turned away.

You give him a swift jab to the ribs before turning to smile at Eri, "We'd love to join you."

Eri cheered and tugged on your sleeve, "I'm going to walk with Y/N." This sent a warm fuzzy feeling through your body. Your little group strolled along the path towards the shrine, a happy little mismatch just enjoying the brisk morning air.

Eventually you came across a stall selling little good luck charms, you and Eri stopped to admire the trinkets. Aizawa was on the phone near by and even with the noise of the crowd you could tell he was talking to Present Mic.

You spot a pretty matching set and point them out to Eri who could barely contain her glee. You were so engrossed in the charms that you didn't notice how close Katsuki was until he brushed up beside you. His closeness sent tingles through your body and caused the fur on your tail to stand on end.