Chapter 64-Winter Holidays

Your mam collected you from UA the morning after the party. When you got home you helped your mam decorate the house. You put up tinsel, wreaths and holly and finished wrapping gifts. All that was left now was the tree.

Your dad would be finished work early and was bringing the tree home with him. You would decorate the tree together as a family like you did every year.

The hero commissioner arranged that your dad would have the winter break off since it was your first year in Japan. It was going to be weird as you would normally visit your extended family over the holidays. This year how ever you would have to make do with skype calls to your relatives.

You were sitting with your mam watching tv when the front door opened and you could hear a lot of grunts and huffing before a huge green tree was pushed through the sitting room door closely followed by your dad's smiling face.

"How are my girls? Where do you want the tree?" He followed your mother to the corner that you had cleared earlier in the day. After a bit of adjusting, turning and fiddling with the stand the tree was finally in place.

Once your mother was satisfied with the position of the tree she fetched the box of ornaments that would cover the tree. You started with the lights then the baubles and stars, there were some homemade bits that made you cringe.

"Do we have to put that on the tree?" You pointed to the little wolf decoration you made when you were five. Well it was meant to be a wolf but you would never guess by looking at it now.

Your mother clutched at the misshappen figure to her chest, "But sweetie it was the first ever decoration you made in school it has always been on the tree."

You role your eyes and groan, your mother was very sentimental about the little trinkets you brought home from school over the years. The final touches were being made and all that was left now was to place the star at the top which was always your job.

The tree was a little tall for you to reach the top alone so you grabbed a small stool for a boost. Once it was securely in place you all stood back to admire your handy work. After a moment you headed off towards the kitchen.

"I'm making coco (hot chocolate) would you like some?" Both of them replied with a yes as they went to take a seat on the sofa, switching the tv to the movie channel.

You reappeared with a tray of steaming mugs of coco and a dish of biscuits and treats, you place the tray on the coffee table and pass a mug to both of your parents.

"Oh sweetie thats a cute necklace when did you get it?" Your mother gestured to the paw pendant around your neck.

You touch the little paw and smile, "Oh, Katsuki gave it to me for Christmas."

Your father started to growl, "That brat gave you a collar for Christmas does he think you are some sort of dog?" He really didn't seem happy about the necklace at all.

"Geez dad he just thought I might like it, he got Hatsume in the support class to make it so it wouldn't snap when I transform into a wolf." You shove the mug into his hands and stomp off to the far side of the room.

"I still don't like it,,,, you shouldn't accepted it,,,,cheeky brat" He was still grumbling and growling about it five minutes later.

You decide you had enough of it, "Dad he is my boyfriend and I really like the necklace, there is nothing you can say that will change my mind, so just deal with it."

You get up and leave the room your parents dumbfounded at your reaction. As you head up the stairs you could hear your mother scolding your father for his over reaction to a piece of jewellery.

You spent the rest of the evening in your room avoiding any further conflict. You hoped that the whole holiday wouldn't be ruined over something so silly.

***Time Skip***

What ever your mother had said that night had worked, you could tell your father still wasn't happy about the necklace but he didn't voice his opinions again and that was good enough for you.

The days flew by in a blur of skype calls and holiday preparations so before you knew it it was Christmas day. You woke early in the morning and started breakfast for everyone, bacon, eggs, pancakes, the works.

It wasn't long before you heard the creak of the stairs and the kitchen door opened to reveal the sleepy head of your father. You hadn't spoken much since that day let alone being alone in a room with him.

It was a little awkward at first but with the day that was in it you decided to put it behind you and make an effort. "Happy Christmas, here eat up." You place a plate with an extra helping of bacon on the table in front of him.

"Thanks,,," He grunted as he shovelled bacon in his mouth.

You rolled your eyes and dished up a plate for yourself, you put some aside for your mother who you knew would have a lie in like every year. You ate in silence which was a little uncomfortable.

When your father finished his meal he got up and placed the dishes in the sink before coming back and ruffling your hair. "You're not a bad pup really," He gave you a small smile and took your empty plate away too.

You laugh at the comment, "You're not such a bad dad either,,,at least when you're not being an over protective grump anyway." You turn to look at him when a damp cloth slapped you in the face.

"Watch it,,, clean the table and we go for a run before your mother wakes up." You could practically hear the smile in his voice. It looks like everything was back to normal between you two.

It was a bitterly cold day but your thick wolf coats kept you warm, by the time you got back your mother was up and enjoying a mug of tea in the living room while watching cheesy Halmark Christmas movies.

The rest of the day went by in a happy blur, opening gifts, watching movies and sharing a lovely home cooked meal made by your mother. A few family members called on skype and social media which was really nice, your little cousins showed you what they got with big smiles on their faces.

It made you miss them all the more but you knew you would see them again and you were really enjoying your new life in Japan so far even considering what has happened.