Chapter 12-Movie Night

***Time Skip***

A few weeks have passed since the start of the school year. Your study group meets most evenings in the common room and some of the others join from time to time.

You have grown pretty close to the group and tend to hang out & play games with them in the common room. Bakugo even joins in from time to time.

It was Friday evening, the end of a long week of classes, pop quizzes and exhausting training but you were excited because your dad was home from his mission tomorrow and you were going to go home to welcome him back. You couldn't wait to tell him all about your classes and your new friends.

You and the rest of the class had planned a movie night for tonight and everyone was going to meet in the common room around 7 o' clock. You were currently in your room getting changed, you were debating on what to wear when Mina waltzes into your room.

"Knock, knock, hope your decent." She giggles while pretending to cover her eyes with her hand.

You throw the top you were holding in her face,"And what if I wasn't? Close the door you muppet I'm trying to change."

She closes the door and throws herself on your bed while you continue your search for something comfy to wear.

"What are you looking for?" She props herself up on her elbows while sprawled out across your bed.

"I have no idea, I just want something comfy." You pull out all sorts of tops, and bottoms and put each one back.

Mina sighs and comes over quickly looking through your stuff, when she suddenly pulls out one of your oversize shirts and a comfy pair of black cotton shorts. "Here put these on."

"How do you do that? You can always put something together and make it seem so effortless." You pull on the outfit she had handed you and took a look in the mirror realising it wasn't just comfy it was kinda cute too.

"It's just a talent I have I guess. I just know what goes together." Mina winks and starts pushing you to the door.

******

You were in the kitchen getting the popcorn and snacks with Uraraka, talking about what kind of movie you thought you'd be watching. Kirishima and Mina were in charge of picking since it was their idea to organise the night.

You head back to the common room with the snacks to find everyone had arrived and almost all the seats were gone but luckily Mina had save you a spot beside her.

"Y/N, over here I saved you a seat." She patted the spot on the couch between her and Bakugo.

You gratefully take the seat she saved and offered her some popcorn. "So what movie did ye decide on?"

Kirishima looked up from his spot on the floor, "We decided on a scary movie." He looked at you with an evil grin.

You generally don't like horror movies too much, the jump scares always get you and if it's too scaring you've been known to shut your eyes. You glare at Mina cause you had told her this when you had a movie night together a while back.

"It was all Kiri, I wanted to watch Spirited Away or Finding Nemo." She put her hands up in defence but you could see the cheeky gleam in her eye.

The movie started and for a good while you were okay, it wasn't that scary but it was all a ruse to lull you into a false sense of security and suddenly the jump scares started.

Monsters popping up out of nowhere, people being dragged away screaming. You jumped and ended up burying your face in Bakugo's shoulder during a really scary bit.

***Bakugo's Point of View***

Y/N had her head buried in his shoulder and was clinging to his shirt out of fear. He didn't move he just let her cling to him, it was kinda cute how scared she was, even though he didn't think the movie was that scary.

When the scary bit was over he patted her hand that was clinging to his shirt and whispered to her. "It's okay the scary bit is over."

It took a few seconds but she eventually peeked at the screen and realised he was right but still didn't move her head away from his shoulder just in case.

He just looked down at her as she trembled slightly, she really wasn't a big fan of scary movies huh. Out of the corner of his eye he could see Mina and Kirishima watching him and Y/N, they had so definitely planned this, thats why shitty hair told him to sit here.

There was another jump scar in the movie which caused Y/N to bury her face in his shoulder again. He'd kill the two scheming bastards for this later but for now he'd just let you use him as a shield.

***Y/N's Point of View***

The movie was finally over but you stayed hidden. "Can we watch something else, something funny?" You look out from your hiding place."I'll have nightmares if I go to bed now."

Aoyama comes out from his hiding place and seconds your request. Uraraka was nodding in agreement too. Phew you weren't the only one, you didn't feel so silly for being scared now.

Denki jumped up. "I know lets watch this," He clicks into some random comedy on Netflix that you hadn't even heard of but you didn't care.

Once the movie started you began to loosen your grip and begin to relax. You then realise what you where clinging to and look up to see your hand resting on Bakugo's chest. You jump back and grab your blanket to hide your red face. He just looked at you a little confused by your sudden movement.

Why didn't he say something? How long had you been clinging to him? He must think you were a real wimp. You peek over your blanket at him and see him watching the movie as if nothing had happened. You decide not to make a big deal about it and just enjoy the movie too.