Chapter 1

Ruvyzvat's P.O.V

"I'll have to leave soon. I can't stay in the same place for too long. Thank you for being my friend..."

"Awe. It's only been an hour! I'm happy to have my first friend! Even though I have creepy horns!!"

"Do you promise that one day will meet again and that you won't find my eye patch scary?"

"Promise!" She grabbed one of her ribbons and handed out one of them to me. "Here's one of my ribbons as a promise!" She said with a smile so radiant that it gave me hope I'd see her again.

Who was she?

Why can't I remember her face?

Is she, someone important to me?

Why do I keep remembering this dream over and over again?

I woke up to the sound of footsteps coming closer surrounding my hiding spot.

"Surround the area! Check every nook and cranny! Find that bastard and bring him to me!" One of the soldiers said after I heard a loud banging on my door.

"Shit!" I cursed under my breath as they finally smashed down the entrance and started to raid in. I took the route on the cellar, I was lucky enough to find a tunnel that leads outside of the city and make a run for it. But I should have known they would put more soldiers in the area.

After about an hour of running, I stop and drop to the ground."I fucking hate this part!" I screamed in my head as I struggled to catch my breath, I was feeling a bit hazy from all the running.

I tried to get up but a sharp pain in my left abdomen made me stop and groan in agony. "What the hell?!" I cussed as I slowly took off my grey snow jacket and noticed blood on my abdomen....shit!

I gathered all my strength just to sit up and lean on the closest tree I could find and tried to control my breathing but my consciousness was fading away.

I closed my eyes but before I was about to pass out I heard someone. "Oh my God, what happened to you!!!" I tried to open my eyes but due to blood loss, I passed out.

Sarvente's P.O.V

I'm Sarvente, someone forsaken going to heaven because of my reputation and past doings. Even though I hated the Gods, we set aside our differences and helped people get to heaven.

Thinking about my wish back then years before I made this church, I wished for a friend.

"Looks like my body reached its limit of aging...I feel like I'm supposed to remember a certain person. My heart is telling me something..." I said, mumbling to myself about who that person was. Just as I was stuck in my endless train of thoughts, I looked over the window and saw someone

It was a man wearing a grey Ushanka with black stripes on the ear flaps, a black eye patch with an unknown symbol, a grey snow jacket, black pants, and black snow boots.

He was leaning down on a big tree outside the church and it looked like he got hurt. I rushed outside and approached him slowly because he looked like someone who bites if ever startled. But as I observed him he was starting to close his eyes. Then I noticed he got shot in the abdomen. "Oh my God, what happened to you!!!" I panicked and rushed to his side and took him inside the church.

Whenever I got him inside and laid him in the hidden part of the church he started to groan in agony. "Sorry for what I'm about to do to you, but it's the only way I could save your life and end your suffering," I said, as I removed his black shirt and jacket and proceeded to remove the bullet carefully from his abdomen. He began shrieking and thrashing violently as I extracted the bullet.

It took me more than 30 minutes to remove the bullet because of the violent thrashing hence, I had to strap him onto the bed. After that, I removed the straps wrapped his abdomen with bandages, and let him rest for the day.

"That was tiring!" As I was washing my hands with water, I said a sudden thought came to mind.

Who would do this to him?

Did he do something wrong?

Is he running away from someone or something?

All these questions clouded my mind. I check on him a few times before continuing my daily routine.

Ruvyzvat's P.O.V

~ A few hours later ~

My whole body hurts, damn it why now...

I opened my eyes and looked around, I wasn't where I was the last time I remembered. I looked to my right and saw a sleeping figure with feminine features.

I carefully sat up trying not to wake her up as I was planning to make a run for it before she found out who I was. As I was about to get off the bed her eyes slowly opened and we just stared at each other with only our breaths could be heard.

I noticed her face was getting red, is she having a fever or an allergic reaction?

I just stared at her with an emotionless expression as she looked away from my gaze and handed me my black long-sleeved shirt. I was confused but took the shirt anyway as I realized I was half-naked in front of this woman.

As I put on my long-sleeved shirt she asked me a question. "Who are you and why did you come here?" She said in a caring tone her voice.

"I'm no one..." I said, not looking at her directly. "Well, I deserve to know because I'm the one who saved your life!" She said in an annoyed tone.

"Oh, yeah? Nobody asks you to do so." I said still not looking her eye to eye. She walked in front of me and grabbed me by the collar. I was sitting on the side of the bed so she was able to pull me up a bit at her angle. "Listen here mister no one! I'm in charge now got it?! You're in my church and you better fucking follow my rules do you understand!" She said fuming with anger which made me angry as well, which turned into endless yelling and shouting at each other for hours.

What a pain in the ass...