Chapter 18

Another one for my lovely readers :3

Ruvyzvat's P.O.V

"Hey, Ruv! I'm heading out to visit Ms. Agatha. Do you want anything on my way back?" Sarvente shouted from the hallway carrying a basket full of fruits and vegetables. "No, I'll stay and keep watch of the church," I replied, She in return smiled as usual before leaving and walking near the window to see her off. I feel a little uneasy each time she leaves. As I observe the people here some of them are straight-up dick heads who pick on who they see even going as far as hurting them physically. Protecting the church is one of my ways to pay my debt, but if the person to whom I am indebted is hurt then I'm not paying her right. 

"I gotta follow her,  I need to make sure no assholes give her troubles."

I was dressing myself up with a leather black jacket with a hood, a black sweater, white pants, and some black shoes. I manage to blend in with the crowd without raising suspicions. I followed Sarvente throughout the town seeing her enter a store named "Agatha's Fashion Boutique"  So I decided to wait for her outside. I saw her through the window giving her a gift to the old lady as well as a hug as they sat down and started a conversation. Turning my attention to the staff they don't seem to be bothered by Sarvente's presence they enjoy her company. I sat on a nearby bench across the store and took out my phone that Sarvente gave me a few days back—scrolling down on a bunch of videos of Russian slapping contests trying to find the best one to pass the time.

An hour passed by and Sarvente still hadn't come out yet. "Guess she'll be there for a while." I sighed as I got up from the bench, I was about to leave when I heard the bell chime and I saw Sarvente opening the door with the same smile she had this morning. She just had a good conversation with them if she still has that smile. I followed her back to the church while keeping my distance to prevent any suspicion I don't want her to think I'm a stalker or something cause that would complicate things. 

Why did I follow her?

To ensure her safety.

 From who?

From everyone who would be unlucky enough to mistreat her.

Why would I take the risk of exposing my identity to the people?

She took the risk of hiding me from the police and bounty hunters. Even at the consequences of getting herself arrested for hiding me away. She did what others could not do other than my parents and Grandpa with that said I'll take a step forward and stand as her protector.

Savente's P.OV

Something is odd ever since I left Grandma Agatha's shop like I'm being followed by someone. I kept my pace despite the stalker following me in every turn I took. When I finally reach the doors of the church I stop and turn around to find nothing only trees and bushes. "I know yours there! Show yourself!" I shouted, but no response only silence. "I am not afraid of you so stop hiding and show yourself!" Suddenly I heard rustling in the bush and a snap of a twig. I walk towards the noise carefully pick up a stick and poke the bush a few times then it comes out. It was baby bunny along with seven more behind it. "Aren't you all adorable?" I can't help but stare in admiration smiling at the sight of baby bunnies running around playing chase together.

Suddenly all the little bunnies stopped playing and started trembling in fear. I heard heavy footsteps behind me drawing closer and closer. This must be the stalker that's been following me the whole time. "What do you want?" I ask almost the coldest response I could say to Stranger. "Welcome back, how was your visit?" Wait I know that voice. I turned my head to see Ruv standing a few inches away with his head tilted to the side. "Oh, Ruv it's you!" I stood up and approached him. "Sorry for the cold tone, I just let out I thought I was being followed by someone, and Uhm anyways the visit was great everyone at the shop was super nice. How about you? How's your day?" I just noticed he was not wearing his usual attire and I'll be lying to myself if I said he doesn't look good in it anyone would find him attractive and would probably steal glances at him. "It was...Good, I took a simple stroll not far from the church and thought I'd find something interesting to kill time. By the way, I'm sorry for scaring the bunnies away, it was not my intention to frighten them." He said I could see the sincerity in his eyes though I never really thought of him as scaring those baby bunnies at first. It's good to see this side of him it was sweet and gentle. "Oh, no you don't need to apologize not at all. Uhm, let's head inside I'm freezing." I pointed at the doors and Ruv answered with a nod following me inside.

"By the way you change your clothes today." I can't help but ask in the end. "Do I look bad in it?" He asks me back tilting his head like a confused puppy. "Uh, no I think it suits you to be completely honest. I take it you like the clothes Grandma Agatha sent?" He turns his gaze away from me sheepishly scratching the back of his head. "I guess you say that I don't even know how to thank her. She might not see you in the same light as before if she sees a criminal living inside this sacred place." He said, crossing his arms. I thought about it and It did make sense. If Ruv were to meet Grandma Agatha she would freak out and after that, it might attract more people. "Hmm, how about a letter then? Grandma Agatha doesn't have a phone because as she said herself I'm old fashioned."

"Let's go with that."

Thanks for reading :3