Chapter Twelve

Auria's POV

The day was going well Zalia had let us go to the kitchen and convince Genevieve to let us bake chocolate chip cookies so that's what we did and it was very tiring to be honest but fun nonetheless, we left them out to cool and decided on going to take a shower.

We went to our rooms and I went to take a shower and wash my hair, after that I brushed my teeth blow dried my hair and letting it down as I was probably gonna take a nap anyways. I got some deodorant on and lotion then walk to the closet, getting a black long sleeve top and a black sweat pants with white stripes going down the sides.

I got dressed and walked out and into my room heading straight to the bed and got in I pick my book from the side table and started reading where I left off

I got dressed and walked out and into my room heading straight to the bed and got in I pick my book from the side table and started reading where I left off. The book was about a girl that was human and had a werewolf mate, basically will she accept and keep his secret or reject him kinda concept.

I was just about to turn the page when the door open and I look up to see Zaiden he looked different not the usual cold and emotionless face he looked...sad?

He came forward and for once I didn't feel the need to run for my life. I laid the book down and he came sitting on the bed so I sat up to be embrace by his strong arms in a hug. I didn't move neither did I say anything, I don't even know what's going on after a while I lift my arms to hug him back.

After sometime he started to mumble something inaudible but I still didn't speak, soon he looks up from my neck and his bright eyes was almost a deep shade of red which made my heart clench a bit as I look into them.

"I'm so sorry Auria, I really am I wish I could've done something to help but it was out of my control I-I didn't know I'm really very sorry little one-" he was ranting before I cut him off "what are you talking about?" I ask softly but still confused.

"Please don't be mad at me but I just needed to know" he says taking a pause "why would I be mad?" I ask once more "Harvey, I went there to find out about you but-" he says taking me by surprise "What! Why?" I ask feeling all my emotions piling up on the verge of shattered me to pieces. If he went there that means he knows what happened to me, what they did to me why did he do that?

"Look baby I'm really sorry I know it was wrong of me to do so behind your back" he say trying to take my hand but I pulled away from him not ignoring the bruises on his hands and the hurt in his eyes but I don't care he can hit me for being disrespectful but I just don't wanna be around him "please leave" I tell him with my voice cracking.

"I'm not leaving you alone Auria we need to talk about this" he says as I let my tears go being vulnerable in front of him. I appreciate that he wants to be there for me or whatever but I need time to myself. I covered my face and cried into my hands soon feeling myself being lifted from my place on the bed.