chapter forty-seven

Auria's POV

Ninety percent of the American population celebrates Christmas and the other ten clearly don't know what they're missing out on including Zaiden.

Both Alianna and I had a conversation yesterday and it was impossible for me to believe Zaiden has not come here for Christmas two years straight I mean this man has serious issues. Christmas should be a time of joy and gathering and being happy but I don't think Zaiden believes that, he literally self isolate for no reason even today on Christmas eve instead of being around everyone he went to watch the game.

It's almost 8pm and we all as girls were watching a Christmas movie in the living room which was so cozy as there was a whole ass fire place like heater who?

Alianna got us snacks and cookies and honestly seeing her and Nathan and the way he was breathing down her neck while we were baking earlier made me not want to slap Zaiden everytime he gets possessive over me.

Zaiden and Nathan walk in making Alianna groan pausing the movie and we all look at them, them meaning Nathan, Zaiden, Max and Landon. Max is Alianna sister's husband and Landon is their son, Zaiden has been eyeing the poor innocent man since we arrived here and I don't know what his problem is. Landon is a very friendly person and Zaiden is a hard rock head.

“Can't y'all leave us be for two hours?”Alianna ask sighing and Nathan walked over to her “well my love, you should've asked that 23 years ago” he says earning himself a slap making us all laugh at them.

I felt the blanket being pulled away from me making me pout looking up to see it was of course Zaiden. He picked me from my spot on the huge couch sitting himself down and set me on his lap making me blush a deep red. He pulled the blanket back over me all the way up to my waist and wrapped his hands around me pulling my body to his chest protectively making me laugh at his immature act.

“You're looking so gorgeous and sexy” he says as his breath fanned over my ear and my skin went up in goosebumps and I playfully hit his chest as my cheeks went to a sure crimson.

I do get him being like this as Zalia out did herself with our ‘matching outfits’ which is a soft knitted sweater kind of dress and knee length Christmas socks and I decided to throw my hair in a messy pile as Zaiden seem to like my hair being this way. We were all wearing the same thing but in different colors and I was kinda trying to get out of not wearing this but I understood very well that if I say no to Zalia then I ought to sleep with one eye open and I'm not gonna risk it.

 We were all wearing the same thing but in different colors and I was kinda trying to get out of not wearing this but I understood very well that if I say no to Zalia then I ought to sleep with one eye open and I'm not gonna risk it

“Is this why you're hiding me?” I asked quitely as everyone was settled and watching the movie once more, “ well yes Mrs. Vaughn I'm the only one allowed to see you like this” he says and I went to an even deeper shade of red if that was even possible.

I let him be has he had his face nuzzled in my neck and he keeps sighing. His hand was subconsciously rubbing my now seven and a half months pregnant belly which I wasn't complaining about as it was honestly comforting.