32. Unwrapped With Pleasure

When I first got Tommy's SOS text, a little jolt of excitement shot through me. I didn't hesitate to grab the extra decorations from my mom, knowing she would be beyond willing to spread the Christmas joy. I get my ridiculous, over the top decorating from her. Every Christmas, we spent multiple days pulling out the crates of angels, Santas, stars, garland, twinkly lights, and every Christmas inspired item you could possibly think of. She always made sure the Christmas carols were blasting through the house, that the hot chocolate topped with marshmallows never went empty, and that we all did it together. I guess when it's that ingrained into you, when it becomes a valued family tradition, it feels incomplete without it.

So, no matter how rough the holidays got, I always made sure to give Mia the same experience. Christmas music, hot chocolate, and always together. Because it was never the shining lights or sparkling tinsel that brought the magic to Christmas. It was the time with family and the laughs that filled our home while we scattered the house in elves, reindeer, and everything jolly. It was doing it together that enchanted our walls.

When I saw Tommy's poor tree, I knew that it wasn't just the ornaments he was missing, it was the whole experience. Thus, when he threw up the Bat Signal, I came without pausing to think twice about where I was actually going, where I would end up when the tree was complete. And now, I find myself deeply immersed in his arms, my body desiring things that I hadn't fully planned on when I bolted over here.

As I slid onto his lap on the couch, my body began reacting, taking over any sensible thought fighting to bring my fears to the surface. Instead, I let the firm placement of his hands on my thighs, and the very hard development pushing against my core make the decisions for me, prompting the very next words that fell from my lips.

"I'll take that grand tour now."

Feeling his immediate reaction, taking control and lifting me from the couch, my legs clinging to his body, his hands firm on my ass beneath my dress, and suddenly the tour felt way too damn long. He must have felt the same sense of urgency because he pushed me up against the wall, deepening his kiss, causing all forms of heated flares sailing across my body. The need for him, to feel his skin against mine was overwhelming. As soon as I heard the word bedroom, I couldn't help but give a resounding yes, though I'm pretty sure he never even finished his question.

And now? Now I am being placed gently against a soft surface, one I can only assume is his bed seeing as I haven't paused to actually survey my surroundings. All I can seem to focus on is the way his tongue continues to glide across mine, how his hands have traveled so eloquently across my skin, and how desperately I need to feel more. I slide my hands down his back, frantically gripping for the edge of his shirt and pulling it up. His lips part from mine just long enough for me to pull his shirt over his head. His mouth is quickly on mine again as my hands cling to the flexing muscles of his back, feeling every ridge as he holds himself above me.