51. Girls Night

"You look hot," Trina's voice shouts out as I stare at the girl looking back at me in the mirror

"I'm pretty sure this dress is two sizes too small," I respond, attempting to stretch the material over my chest.

"Girl, if you got it, flaunt it," she proudly states, reaching straight for the girls to reveal an uncomfortable amount of cleavage.

"She's not wrong," I hear Lacy state from the door.

Good lord, there's two of them.

I look back in the mirror, taking in the ensemble Trina put together tonight. This is her girls night. One she insisted we both join her for without giving us any details. She showed up, dress in hand with a devious look in her eye and way too bright of a smile.

An hour of hair and makeup later followed by squeezing into this little number, and apparently I'm ready to go. I think. They say I am. But really? This much skin is actually a thing?

"It's really not that bad," Lacy says now as she stands to my left. My eyes rake down the dress before looking at the girls at my sides. She's right. It's not as bad as I'm making it out to be. It's just, I haven't really worn anything like this as a mom. I don't know, I guess my mindset just shifted a bit once I had Mia.

But it could be worse. Exhibit A to my right. Trina's dress is much shorter than mine and shows much more than should be legal. Exhibit B to my left, Lacy has more of a classy sex appeal going on right now, but there's definitely no chance she has any undergarments on under that dress. At least that much is clear. I mean, technically, neither do I, but at least the darker color leaves that fact to the imagination.

"I really should stay here and help the guys," I try to reason for the hundredth time. Both Tommy and my brother are currently in my yard trying to fix the playhouse. Mia had a sleepover with a friend and they figured it would be the perfect surprise for when she returns in the morning.

"Nope," Lacy cuts in, shaking her head and placing a hand on my shoulder. "The guys have that handled. Your job tonight is to have a good time. You need to get out and we need this night too, right Trina?"

"Yes! I definitely need this night, so buckle up girly, we're hitting the town!" Trina shouts before slapping my ass.

I jump slightly at the action before falling into a fit of laughter. I feel like the odds of ending this night in handcuffs are slowly increasing. Lacy only shakes her head before grabbing her bag and walking to the door. I take one last look in the mirror, pull the top up just a little more, and take one last deep breath before following the two of them.

We all walk out the sliding glass doors, both boys now immersed in work. Tommy currently has that power saw out while Trevor is measuring a board, pencil in his ear while he lines up the tape measurer. My eyes don't stay fixed on what he's doing though. I can't seem to rip them away from my man who looks fucking delicious with a power tool in his hand.