44. Heat

Glowing

Glowing. Covered in gold, showered in sparkling lights.

I'm floating.

I'm literally drifting on my board, the cool, serene water beneath me, the warm sun raining down on my skin, illuminating every possible one of my senses. At least, that's the feeling I'm waking up to.

Tommy's firm chest against my cheek brings a bit of that dazzling sun. Waking up beside him is like the sweet caress of the hot sand when the cool breeze picks up, or the warm blanket of the sun when the water gets a little too cold.

His hand slowly slides to my hip, his fingers creating a trail along my side. And that's the other side that he encompasses. It's more than just the calm comfort of his warmth. He also provides the heat from the goddamn surface of the sun itself. The way he sets a fire inside me, a blazing, burning desire to feel those hands explore more, to feel his tongue discover unspeakable places, and those lips to find their home.

"Good morning," his deep, barely awake, intoxicatingly sexy voice rasps from his throat, melting every solid piece of me left standing.

A puddle.

That's what I am. A puddle of merciless desire and need to repeat last night all over again, courtesy of the one and only, Tommy Sallow.

"Good morning," I whisper back.

"I could really get used to feeling you against me every morning," he exhales.

My hand travels up the valleys and hills of his abdomen, slowly making its way across his chest. I press firmly there, lifting myself to face him now. His lustrous blues are just now peering through half closed lids.

"Me too," I smile up at him, resulting in a pantydropping smile of his own. One that prompts my lips to find his. The grip on my hip tightens as he pulls me in tighter, my body not protesting the close contact.

Our lips part, the ache to feel him again already consuming me as our eyes search one another. I feel like I've been fighting this moment. Denying myself the possibility of what we could truly be if I just let myself fall. But now, looking up at him, it feels like everything is actually how it should be. Perfectly placed to perfection.

"What are you thinking about?" he asks, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"That I'm happy. And that it feels really fucking good to be happy," I smile, letting him see exactly where my mind is at.

He smiles back, the joy evident in him as well. "Yeah? I'm happy too."

I rest my head back on his chest, savoring this very moment. Holding onto the bliss of letting go, of admitting what my heart has been shouting for weeks.

"Hey," he speaks up now, walking his fingers back and forth up my arm. "Can we call Mia?"

I push up against him again to get a better look. "You want to call Mia...right now?"