6

Author POV

Midnight: So it's finally over, let's check the results.

The screen showed and you see yourself on the first.

1. F/N F/L/N
2. Zonko Agutsuno
3. Izuku Midoriya
4. Shoto Todoroki
5. Katsuki Bakugo
6. Tanjuri Kamaboko
7. Ibara Shiozaki
8. Juzo Honenuki
9. Tenya Iida
10. Inoko Hashubara
11. Fumikage Tokoyami
12. Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu
13. Mashirao Ojiro

And the rest of them.

Midnight: The top 42 from this qualifying round will move on!! But for those who placed lower, don't worry! We've got another way for you to show your stuff!! Now...

She cracks her whip and points at the screen.

Midnight: on to the second event!! I already know what it is, of course...dying in suspense?! Next up is...THIS!!

She said as the word 'Cavalry battle' showed up on the screen.

You: Caval...r...y battle?

Midnight: Participants will on their own, form teams of two to four members each and get into a horse-and-rider formation. The rules are fundamentally the same as those of an ordinary cavalry battle-snag your opponents' headbands while guarding your own but with one exception. Each of you has been assigned a point value based on your ranking in the last event!

Sato: We'll earn points like in the entrance exam? Sounds simple.

Denki: So the point value of each team depends on its members!

Midnight cracks her whip once again and shouts.

Midnight: I'm about to explain it, so just shut up already!!! 

They went silent as Midnight continues to explain.

Midnight: Anyway, YES! And your individual point values start at five at the bottom! So the student who took 42nd place is worth five points, 41st is worth ten...get it? But...our first place participant is worth TEN MILLION POINTS!!

You froze as everyone whip their heads to you.

You: Meep.

You said as you felt someone grabbing your hand and turn to see Tanjiro looking at you with a comfortable look making you calm down.

You: Thanks.

You whisper and Tanjiro nods as Midnight continues to explain.

Midnight: The match will last 15 minutes. Each team's points are determined by its members. The rider will wear a headband displaying the total number of points! Until the match ends, you'll all compete to grab each other's points and maintain the ones you have. Any headbands you grab must be worn around the neck or higher. But the more headbands you've got, the harder they'll be to manage. Most importantly even if your headband is taken...and even if your horse formation is broken. It's not over 'til it's over!

You: So it's like a survival game huh?

Midnight: Quirks are allowed so it'll be a brutal battle! However...it's still a cavalry battle! Maliciously attacking another team with the intent of making them fall will get you a red card! And that means you're out of the game! You've got 15 minutes! Time to form your teams!

Zenitsu: Wah! F/N! team up with me! I don't want to team up with others!

He yelled as he clings onto you making you sweatdropped.

You: How about four of us will team up together!

Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke nod. A few minutes later Midnight has already done waiting as she stretches her arms.