7

Author POV

It was now break time and the Kamaboko squad plus you were going to the cafeteria to get something to eat. 

Tanjiro: That was intense.

You: Especially I have some tricks up my sleeve.

You said while looking at your hand. Once you four grab your food, you four went to the available seat and Tanjiro puts down the box and opens it to reveal Nezuko hums at him. You who are beside the box pat Nezuko's head making her hum in delight.

You: This is delicious.

You said as you eat more and more curry as Zenitsu was scolding Inosuke for taking his tempura but ended up arguing. Someone tap your shoulder and you look to see Momo.

You: Oh hey Momo.

You said while gulping down your throat. Momo blush and wipes down the rice crumbs that were near your mouth and clears her throat.

Momo: Hey Y/N, come on. Mineta and Denki told us to wear our cheerleading uniforms since Aizawa-sensei told them to.

You were confused as the three boys stop what they were doing and turn to you and Momo.

You: Huh? Since when Aizawa-sensei told them to tell us about wearing that uniform thingy? I mean all I know is that he is with Present Mic and the two didn't even found Aizawa-sensei because I saw them at the cafeteria and at the stadium a while ago during the cavalry battle.

Momo: Wait really?

She asks surprised as you hum and said.

You: Yeah. I think they were lying. They're planning something to trick us girls.

Momo's eyes widened and nods.

Momo: Thanks for telling me Y/N. I'm gonna tell the girls.

With that, she walks out from your table as you turn to the three boys and asks.

You: So how are arguing? Is it fun?

Once the lunchtime is over Present Mic said loudly.

Present Mic: Before we get to the final event, I've got good news for all those out of the running! This is still a sports festival, so we've prepared a recreational activity for all participants! We even shipped in cheerleaders from America to get you pumped up!!

He said as you all walked out looking around. Zenitsu tap your shoulder which your attention turns to him and he pointed to where Mineta and Denki are who is sulking and crying while complaining about their plan failure. You stifle a laugh and said.

You: I knew they were planning onto something. Nice try perverts.

You then laugh loudly not too loud for everyone in the stadium to hear.

Present Mic: Now onto the final event. We'll have a formal tournament!! Between the 16 members of the four winning teams a series of...ONE-ON-ONE BATTLES!!

Kirishima: A tournament huh? So we'll be up in that ring I see on TV every year!

Mina: Was it a tournament last year too?

She asks Kirishima as Sero turns to the two.

Sero: The Format's always different but most years involve some kind of head-to-head competition.

Midnight grabs the box that has 'lots' written on it and explains.

Midnight: The matchups will be decided by drawing lots. Once that'll settled, we'll move on to the festivities and then the tournament itself! It's up to each of you 16 finalists whether or not you participate in the fun. I expect some of you would rather take a breather and save your strength. Now let's start with the first-place team.