Chapter 15: The Truth

C H A P T E R  15 : T H E  T R U T H:

"One of the most courageous decisions you'll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul."

                     .........................................................

2   D A Y S   L A T E R

2   D A Y S   L A T E R . . . .

"Mom, I'm not coming home for winter break." I say rolling my eyes.

"So you're planning on spending Christmas in your dorm?" She says in disbelief.

I stay silent.

I don't know what to say.

Truth be told, I really don't wanna go home. I'm finally happy and I'd rather be alone than spend Christmas with my parents and their thousands of questions on how "medicine" is going.

The only way I'm going home is if my sister is there, and she's going on a camping trip with Tristan. So what do I do?

"Amber, are you still there?" My mom's voice says through my phone.

"Yes." I say sighing.

"Good. Now you're coming home for this break. Ok? Ophelia and Mark are going on this camping trip.. I'm sure you've heard of it. Where Aurora is going too. So we've decided to come along with their family. Plus, sweetheart you'll be seeing Colton too!" She explains.

Everything she just said, makes me want to throw up.

Everything except for the fact that I'll be seeing my sister.

Ophelia and Mark are Colton's parents and Tristan's aunt and uncle. 1 freaking week with Colton, I would rather die.

Literally.

"Mom, you do realize that me and Colton are over? Right?" I ask nervously.

"Sweetheart that boy has been going crazy without you! Give him another chance, you guys are so perfect for eachother. You guys grew up together, honey he's perfect." My mom pleads.

I can bet my life on the fact that my mom loves Colton more than me.

"Mom, he cheated on me several times. He manipulates me... he treats me like absolute garbage. And you say he's "perfect" for me?" I say swallowing the lump in my throat.

Don't cry Amber. I repeat in my head, over and over again.

"Almost every man cheats Amber. It's the truth. It doesn't mean you break up with them." She says, her voice filled with venom

I.Cannot.Believe.Her.

"Did dad ever cheat on you?" I say.

She stays silent for a minute before responding.