Chapter 18: Self Control

DAY 2
*beating up her ex.*

C H A P T E R  1 8 :  S E L F  C O N T R O L  :

"Oh you're the ex? Nice to meet you! I'm the upgrade."

..................................................

"We're going to be out all day today visiting our friend's back in town so you guys are on your own today

"We're going to be out all day today visiting our friend's back in town so you guys are on your own today. I hear there is a snow storm coming up, it's not supposed to be that extreme but still I think we'll stay at our friend's cabin overnight." Mom starts explaining.

"What are we supposed to do here then?" Tristan asks.

"I'm sure you guys will figure something out. Just whatever it is, make sure it's safe." Mark answers.

"It's supposed to be really cold guys so stay inside and this place has a great heating system so you guys should be comfortable. And since we are in the middle of the woods there's no signal let alone WiFi." Karen lectures.

"This can be a great time for you guys to get to know each other better or just to have fun. Colton, honey, try to win your girl back." Ophelia laughs.

"I'm hoping you aren't talking about my daughter, Ophelia." My dad scoffs.

"Of course I am Derek. Who else is Colton's girl?" Ophelia laughs.

"A relationship is two-sided, and as far as I know Amber has no interest in Colton. Therefore, stop forcing it. She's in college and she needs to explore her options." My dad preaches.

I always liked my dad better than my mom.

"Honey.." My mom warns.

"What? It's true." He defends.

"Okay preach!" Aurora says clapping.

"I'll be back at the cabin." Ophelia says glaring at Aurora.

"We need to talk about this." Mark says to my dad before grabbing his coat and walking out.

"You kids be safe." Tristan's dad Steve says walking out.

"Derek. What was that?" My mom yells.

"I was just being honest. I'm not going to sit here while she forces my daughter to be with her son when Amber clearly deserves better." My dad says grabbing his coat and gloves and walking out.

"I need to apologize to your mom." My mom says to Colton before following my dad, out the door.

My family is complicated to say the least.

My dad is usually the one to stick up for us while my mom mostly just focuses on looking perfect and remaining popular. That probably has everything to do with the fact that they're both really popular surgeons.