Chapter 22: Jealousy

Day 5
*Watching her go on a date with another man*

C H A P T E R  2 2 :  J E A L O U S Y :

"Yes I get jealous... the only difference is, you call it 'Possessiveness' I call it 'fear of losing you'."
                   .............................................

"Amber for god sake it's one fucking dinner

"Amber for god sake it's one fucking dinner." My mom yells.

My dad rolls his eyes, sitting on the bed.

"Mom, I am not going anywhere with freaking Colton!" I yell back.

"Derek. Back me up here." My mom pleads.

My dad gulps before fixing his tie. "I can't back you up on something that I truly don't agree with you on, love."

"Thank you." I say dramatically.

"It's one dinner Amber. I'm not asking you to marry him." My mom says.

I look around my parents room. They asked me to come talk to them, so I did. And now I'm stuck in their room while my mom forces me to go to lunch with Colton.

"Why?" I ask, trying to remain calm.

"Honey, that boy has been going crazy over you. He just wants one lunch. Just let him explain himself. Ophelia won't stop bothering me about it." She says.

"First of all, I'm sure Colton can find another blonde white girl at UCLA. Since that seems to be his type. Secondly, I already have plans." I explain.

Yes he cheated on me with a blonde girl.

Let me reword that.. every time he cheated on me it was with a blonde girl.

The whole sour album by Olivia Rodrigo is so damn relatable.

"What plans?" She says bitterly.

"Me and my friends were gonna go sledding since the weather's perfect for it." I lie.

"I'm sure they'll have just as much fun without you." She says, bitterly.

"Lydia, why are we forcing our daughter to go to lunch with her ex boyfriend who's a waste of space?" My dad asks sarcastically.

"Derek, for once will you take my side over your favorite daughter's!? It's one lunch. I'm sure your princess of a daughter can deal with lunch with such a fine young man." My mom practically yells.

Sometimes I wonder if she's my biological mom. But I know for a fact she is, I did that stupid DNA test thing back in high school.

"Lydia, go take a walk. Get some air. And then look at Colton and then tell me if you still stick with that statement." My dad says.

My mom rolls her eyes before fixing her long black hair. "You." She points at me. "You're going to lunch with him. I don't care if you want to or not. It's a fucking lunch date get over it." She says before exiting the room.