Chapter 43: Opportunities

C H A P T E R   4 3  : O P P O R T U N I T I E S  :

"It's all about the one who calms the storm. It's your dancing Partner, drinking buddy, lover, adventure buddy, stare at the stars and talk about life, and best friend in one."

                                .........................................................

"So long story short, we need you to bring us clothes

"So long story short, we need you to bring us clothes." I desperately explain to Alice on the phone.

"So why don't you guys have clothes? Actually, never mind, I don't wanna know." Alice says, cringing.

I roll my eyes in annoyance. "Girl. I'm not wearing the freaking gown. We don't have clothes because if we went back home and Jayden saw whatever the hell you and Hunter were doing, you would be planning his funeral right now. So you're welcome. Now please get me clothes."

"Okay Geez Amber, I'm on my way." She laughs.

"Good, thank you! Don't forget to take plan B girlie." I joke.

"Already did."

"Jesus Christ. I was kidding!" I say, shocked.

"I know. I'm kidding. Please tell me Jayden isn't with you, right now." She giggles.

"He's in the shower. Which reminds me, hurry up Alice. You're not driving are you? Because that is very dangerous." I lecture.

"Ok goodbye mom." She says, before hanging up.

I plug my phone into my charger, as I stare at the bright view of the city.

I prefer New York City at night, but goddamn it's gorgeous in the daytime too.

A couple minutes later, I get up to open the door for who I assume is Alice.

Her blue eyes are closed and she's facing the other way, and pushing a bag of clothes towards me.

"Are you clothed?" She asks, uncomfortably.

"Yes, drama queen." I say, rolling my eyes and grabbing the bag from her.

She opens her eyes and grins at me. "Good. Now how come no one told me this hotel has such a good breakfast buffet?" She says, walking inside.

"I'm pretty sure that's only for guests, Alice." I slightly laughing.

"Yeah? Well they can make an exception. All I gotta do is show them my driver's license and as soon as they see the Hendrix they'll be treating me like I'm a president or something." She brags.

"Good point, let me know how that goes." I say, taking out my favorite pair of sweatpants that she packed.

"Yes. You want anything?" She asks, getting up.

"No I'll just make Jayden stop my at Starbucks on our way home." I answer.

"Cool, I will see you at home then." She says, hugging me.