Chapter 62: Graduation

C H A P T E R   6 2  :  G R A D U A T I O N  :

"Confetti falls to the ground, may these memories break our fall"

Taylor Swift

                       .........................................................

Three years later...

"We graduated bitches!!" Alice yells, opening the crisp bottle of champagne.

I don't think I've stopped smiling since getting my degree in fashion designing an hour ago. I lean into Jayden, wrapping my hands around his arm. He wraps his arm around my waist and places a kiss on the side of my head. "I've known you for four years now." He announces.

"It feels like forever." I smile.

"It's time to party, we all made it out alive." Xavier yells, sipping champagne.

"We did, didn't we." Lizzy grins, interlocking her hand with her fiancé.

Lizzy and Xavier have been engaged for about a year now, and their wedding is coming up soon. We all couldn't be happier for them, their love is so wholesome and pure and it's been so great watching them grow.

My family flew out from Michigan for the weekend, surprisingly supporting me. I knew Aurora, who just finished her junior year of college at Duke university, would come. But my parents? I was sure they wouldn't. We've barely spoken ever since they found out what I was really majoring in, but they flew in with bright smiles and expensive gifts.

Jayden got them settled in the fanciest most expensive hotel in New York, which he conveniently happens to own. After spending some quality time with my family our entire friend group decided to throw the biggest graduation party here at the men mansion. Aurora and Zion are joining us shortly as well, and I've truly never been happier to have all my favorite people around.

On que, I glance over at the entrance and notice my sister walking in with her best friend. I smile as Jayden and I walk over to greet them. "Hey how was time square, I missed ya." I hug my sister.

"I saw you barely 4 hours ago Amb, and of course I wasn't gonna miss this very boujee party." Aurora grins, hugging me tighter.

She has changed into a red bodycon dress that looks absolutely flattering on her. Her hair is up in a slick back pony, and her makeup is flawless and smoky.

Jayden greets Zion as Aurora and I catch up on what's occurred in the last four hours. "Hey, you." I smile, greeting Zion as well. He pulls me in a familiar hug.

"Hey. You look great, this party reeks of Amber." He says pointing to the fancy gold decor.

"What can I say? Not much has changed." I shrug, jokingly.

"For sure." He flashes me his signature charming Zion smile that melts every girl.

"Let's go get drinks." Jayden says, nodding towards the others at the bar.