Chapter 61: Autumn

C H A P T E R    6 1 :   A U T U M N :

"She made gentle the wild oceans of my soul."
-Atticus

                                      ......................................................

"Is she being forced, Jayden?" I ask, my tone filled with genuine concern

"Is who being forced?" He asks, cluelessly.

It's been a month since our Costa Rica vacation and since Ace broke the news to Jayden about his arranged marriage. And today, Jayden and I finally got to meet her.

"Autumn! Jayden." I sigh, sipping the fancy champagne in his private jet.

"I don't think so. Salvatore Romano isn't that evil." He answers, hesitantly. Thinking about Ace's father, who put this whole marriage thing together.

"Why would she wanna marry him?" I make a sour face.

"He's handsome, remember?" He says, looking over at me.

He's really never gonna let that go, is he?

"Shut up." I sigh, pulling the sleeping mask over my eyes and laying back on the airplane seat.

"We only have 20 minutes left." He announces, grabbing my hand and interlocking it with his.

"I'm so excited for Italy." I smile, leaning my head on his shoulder.

Jayden had some business in Italy to do with Ace Romano, and since we're clingy and can't be apart for even a week I decided to come with him. I'm also nosy and need to meet the girl Ace is arranged to marry, and ask her if she's being held at gunpoint.

"Where are we staying? Please don't say with Ace Romano." I plead.

"I bought a house there, but it's not gonna be ready until tomorrow. So we do have to stay with Ace for a night, Amb." He says, looking over at me.

"You bought a house there?" Why am I even surprised?

"Yeah, you're gonna love it. I've been getting it built for a couple months now, it's on the coast."

"I know I will." I smile, trying to get over the fact that we'll be sleeping in the same place at Ace Romano AKA the man I literally cannot stand.

I know if I told Jayden he would book somewhere fancy for a night in a heartbeat, but I really don't want to come in between the two of them. From what I've heard they've been friends since forever, and I know Jayden. If he finds out about everything Ace has said to me, He would kill Ace. And I know that can't be good, since Jayden is also the one stopping Jordan from killing Ace.

"So where does Ace live?" I ask, trying to make conversation.

"It's basically a castle, it's their family home." He answers.