Chapter 40: Flowers

C H A P T E R 4 0 : F L O W E R S :

"I hope with every bone, in my body, that it'll be us in the end."

.............................................

"They ain't mine." Alice says, shrugging as the three of us stare at the bouquet of lilies in front of us.

"Yeah no Xavier wouldn't do this, he knows that I'm too extra for white flowers." Lizzy says, grabbing the bouquet.

"Is there a note?" I ask, furrowing my brows.

Lizzy searches for the note that determines which one of our guys got this for which one of us.

"Ooh it's for you, Amber." Lizzy grins cheekily, as she hands me a note.

"For my forever love... Amber
-yours truly..."

"OMG. What does it say!?" Alice asks noisily

I read it out to her, smiling subconsciously.

"Awe I didn't know Jayden could be romantic." Lizzy jokes.

"That's weird though, it doesn't sound like Jayden." Alice says, softly.

"Who else would get me flowers?" I laugh, grabbing my phone.

"Why wouldn't Jayden sign it? Or say that it's him?" Alice says.

"If it is him though, that's adorable." Alice adds.

I go to my contacts and call Jayden.

Boyfriend❤️

"Hey." He says from the other end of the phone.

"Awe Jayden I love the flowers, thanks babe." I say looking at the white Lily's on my bed.

"What flowers?" He says, his tone changing.

I laugh. "You're funny."

"Amber, babe, I didn't fucking send you flowers." He states.

"Yes you did." I say, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear and staring at the flowers on my bed.

Lizzy and Alice look up at me, concerned.

"If you're fucking with me right now, I'm legit never gonna talk to you again." He says.

"Jayden, who else would send me flowers? It's you. Stop lying." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Do you want a list of men willing to send you flowers? Send me a picture of them." He says.

I snap a picture and send it to him.

After a couple of seconds he speaks up.

"If I was gonna send you flowers, they wouldn't be fucking white Lilies. I'm not that basic."