Chapter 42: Dream

C H A P T E R 4 2 : D R E A M :

"Flirting with what's mine? You must wanna die.."

............................................................

"Amber, see me after class." Says my new fashion class professor.

I nod, nervously as students crowd the room as they exit. I quickly grab my stuff and walk to his desk at the front of the room.

Our old professor apparently got a better job, so she quit.

Fine by me, she was a bitc-

"I've noticed something." The brunette man interrupts my thoughts, his eyes still glued to his computer.

"Uhm." I mumble, questionably.

"You're talented." He says, closing his MacBook, and looking up at me.

Talk about suspense.

"Thank you." I smile, still unsure of where this conversation is going.

"Your work of art is unique, and it seems like you put quite a bit of effort into it. I'm impressed. But I suppose you could use a bit of a boost." He says, getting out of his chair and walking towards the door.

I stand there unsure, as he closes his door.

"I'm afraid I don't know what you mean, Sir." I say, politely.

He sighs, walking back to his desk.

"There is a student fashion show that a close friend of mine is hosting. Every year I pick a student to represent my class. You will be provided with everything, all they need is your brain and your models of choice. And I can very easily pick you, it'll be great on a resume." He explains.

O.M.G.

I involuntarily smile, "I... really?"

"I assume you're interested." He chuckles.

"God. Yes!" I say, a bit too enthusiastically.

"Great. But it sure doesn't come for free..." He says, looking me up and down.

I freeze.

"What?" I ask.

He laughs, "You can't be that oblivious."

I furrow my brows.

"Mr. Russell, I have no idea what you're implying over here." I say, shrugging.

I mean I hope it's not what I think he's implying.

"How about you see me tomorrow, at 9 sharp? Perhaps I can explain more... about the fashion show." He says.

My mind tells me to say no.