Chap 27 - Gift

Groaning, I turned on my back feeling the sheets get tangled around my feet as I do so. I opened my eyes and was nearly blinded by the sunlight that came in through the window. The curtains were not pulled last night due to my laziness. I stretched like a cat and noticed the clock. It was 11 in the morning and just then a knock was heard.

"Come in." My voice was raspy as I answered.

Who's knocking on my door at 11 in the morning?

The door creaked opened revealing a maid with a shopping bag in her hand. She bowed her head replying with a good morning.

"Morning. What is it?" I sat up raking my hand through my hair. She handed me the bag and backed away.

"The King has sent this for you." I frowned hearing her words.

"What for?" I peeked inside the bag to see a white box.

"No message was given."

"You may leave." With that, she left closing the door behind her.

I pulled out the white box which was smooth to touch. A certain smell filled my nostrils. The one that you get from new clothes. I untangled the red silk ribbon and pulled open the lid to reveal a gorgeous blue dress. A small note sat on top of the dress. Keeping the lid aside, I opened the note and read its contents.

A small gift for the gorgeous person reading this.
~Xason

I felt the corners of my lips tilt up reading this. His handwriting was cursive and pretty neat. Putting the note aside, I pulled out the dress and was left in awe. The royal blue dress was made using silk and had a cut on the right side. The straps were thin with the dress being long without any designs. It was simple but elegant. My stomach was filled with butterflies as I ran my hand across the material admiring it. The door burst open revealing an open mouthed Hayden who looked startled. He closed his mouth as I raised my eyebrow in a questioning manner.

"You are up." He spoke and closed the door.

"Yeah." He came forward and sat on the bed making it dip due to his weight.

"What's that?" He questioned seeing the dress in my hand. I passed him the note which he gladly took. I watched as his eyes skimmed through it and widened in shock. He looked at me in disbelief with the note in his hand.

"What's wrong with him?" He breathed out and I smiled seeing his reaction.

"What are you laughing at? I refuse to believe that he has done this."

"It's for the date." I explained but he still did not look convinced.

"You got the king on his knees." He suggestively said while wiggling his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes at him and ushered him to go out.

"Where are you going tonight?" He asked as he stood close to the door. My eyes widened as I realized that I hadn't planned that yet. Hayden cocked his eyebrow seeing my expression.

"I don't know." I confessed sheepishly to which he gave me a disappointed look.

"Take him to the new dining lounge. I heard it's interior is good along with the food." He left after suggesting that and I felt a bit relieved. I'll just book a reservation real quick. With that, I called them and booked a reservation for us tonight. I informed them to decorate everything nicely considering I got a King to impress.

I pulled the covers off of me and rushed to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I decided to take a shower before getting ready for the date. I put the dress back into the box and kept the bag inside my closet. I changed into a grey sports bra and a pair of black leggings. Walking down the stairs and past numerous members, I reached the training grounds where thousands of members were training under the surveillance of Patrick. He bowed his head seeing me.

"Good morning, Alpha." He greeted and everyone halted their actions before bowing. I nodded my head in acknowledgement and they continued their training.

"Good morning. What is the progress of the teenagers?" I questioned him considering we were preparing everyone for the upcoming war.  We usually trained pack members from the age of 16 but now we have started training them from when they are 13 so that they are able to overcome tough situations when they face the war.

"They are catching up quite quick although some are facing problems but other than that they are good to go." He informed motioning to a few kids here and there. I observed some of them to point out their weak points and mistakes.

"I want them to stay back." I informed him and he nodded his head after which he mind linked them to stay back. Soon enough, the field cleared as everyone left except for the five of them.

"Hello everyone, how are you all today?" I greeted trying to clear out the tension in the air. They looked scared as shit. After answering, I asked their names which they gladly said and then began a long tiring session of training.

"That's all for today. I want you all to focus on the things that you have been taught today. Hopefully, you won't be facing any problems in the future." The worn out kids obediently nodded their heads and scurried off to do their business.

I strode straight towards Silvia's house to get the potion. Soon enough, I reached there and rang the bell. She opened the door after a few moment and let me in.

"How have you been?" She chirped and I answered monotonously considering I wasn't in the mood for a talk.

"Fine. I need the potion." I stated and realization dawned on her before she went up the stairs to get it.

I went to the kitchen and took out a bottle of water from the refrigerator and downed it all in one go. The sound of her footsteps filled my ears.

"Here it is." She handed me a small velvet pouch. I opened it to see a clear liquid inside a mini glass bottle like those you see in movies and cartoons.

"Two drops will do the work." She informed and I nodded my head putting it back inside the pouch.

"How long?" I asked her.

"For about three to five hours."

"That shall do the work." I heaved and she smiled but her sorrow and anger could be seen in her eyes.

"I'll leave then." She came forward and lightly kissed me on my forehead.

"All the best. I love you." She squished my cheeks smiling wide. I put her hands away just as quickly before she made my cheeks numb.

"Bye." With that being said, I left her house and continued my way to the pack house.

It's gonna be a long night.

*********

A much awaited update after months. Hope you all liked it!

Vote and comment