Chap 5 - Broken Glass

"Please. No! Stop!" She begged as he pounded into her. Screams came from the other room and I watched in horror as he continued his torture on her, making her scream until she had no further strength and laid helplessly on the ground but my father's screams continued.

"Please let her go." My 3 year old self sniffed as I cowered into the corner of the room.

I shifted in my bed, breathing heavily unable to open my eyes and face reality.

"Aww, is my little one scared." He cooed, his dark eyes mocking me to say anything back as he watched the scene unfold in front of him.

"Don't worry he is making her feel real good." He chuckled and I wrapped my arms around my knees, sobbing away all the pain, worry, hurt, everything.

I bolted up breathing heavily as sweat trickled down my jawline to my neck. Sheets tangled around my legs. I sighed and covered my face with my hands as his eyes clouded my thoughts.

One thing I can never forget about him were his eyes. Those menacingly dark eyes that still haunted me. I looked at the clock to see its only 2 in the morning. Deciding to go for a run, I got up from my bed and walked to the window, opened it and jumped out, shifting mid-air before landing on all fours. Usually, Raima is very enthusiastic about the runs but tonight she was also very tired.

I ran for an hour or so before arriving back and took a shower to relax up a bit. I laid on my bed with the sheets clutched in my hands covering up to my neck, thinking about how I could have saved her. Saved her from that Monster but I was too much of a coward to do that. And that's what I will always remain as. A coward. Running away from her unforgettable past.

"CLASH!"

The window glass shattered into pieces as a figure barged in from there. I jumped up to see a pair of glowing yellow eyes staring at me in the dark. Instinct kicked in, I turned on the night stand lamp, taking the gun I always kept under my pillow pointing at its direction. A huge grey wolf stood in front of me in its all glory.

It stood there staring at me with his unique pair of eyes, like I was the most intriguing thing in this entire world. It's head was covered with black and grey furs till the top of its front legs. Something about its eyes were familiar. But that didn't hold me from bringing my guard down as I clutched the gun in my hand aiming at its head.

Don't shoot. Ordered Raima

Why?

It's Xason.

What the fuck is he doing here?

As if I know.

I don't have time to deal with his shit now.

Careful, his wolf is in complete charge. Don't do anything you will regret later.

Are you scared?

I am just warning you.

With that, she cut off the connection and I slowly lowered my gun. He strode forward like the royal, magnificent wolf he was. Confidence rolled off of him in waves. I had to admit his wolf was humongous in size, it's head was the size of my whole body and it had to be as he was the last Canis Lupus, grey wolf. He bent his head down to my collarbone. Shrinking back from the shock and in alarm, I glared at him and he growled before getting his head stuck in my hair, breathing heavily but the low growling continued.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I yelled, pulling back though the shocks felt great. Within a second he jumped on my bed and it creaked from his weight. Fucking shocked it didn't break.

"Are you kidding me right now? It's fucking 3 am. I don't wanna deal with your shit." I annoyedly exclaimed and it seemed to fall on deaf ears as he laid down, almost knocking me off from my king sized bed and placed his head on my lap. I so badly wanted to empty the six bullets into his head. But I needed my answers.

"Get your freaking dumb ass head out of my lap. I will fucking die." If only it was so easy. He obediently got up and I breathed out as the weight lifted. But it doubled, when he placed his two fucking paws and his fucking head both on my lap, giving me a wolfy grin as I glared at him. For the next half an hour, I attempted moving him and as expected it was completely futile even with my alpha abilities, I couldn't even move one inch away from him.

Deciding that it's better that I try to fall asleep rather than cursing at him like a sailor. I laid my head against the headboard and turned off the light before closing my eyes still keeping the gun close by in case it was needed. You never know what happens next, when you have the ' King' beside you who is also your mate. I would have to admit that it was hot when he gave me those papers, it showed that my words had struck a nerve and he was hell bent on proving me wrong. The calmness that he faked were just a show to hide his raging emotions.

"Clean up the mess as quickly as possible." I ordered Eyana and watched as she scurried off to get some maids to clean up the broken glass in my house. I was in the pack house now racking through my brain to complete the planning of my now-second pack. Hayden and the few warriors I had sent for some important business that needed to be taken care of, were still not back.

Where the hell are you?

We lost him.

What?!

He won't go to far.

How did you lose him like that?

Long story. Tell you later.

I don't care about whatever you have to do but bring him here.

I will.

I cut off the connection and sighed feeling exhausted from the pressure of work and everything that was running through my mind. Why? Why would he come in the middle of the night to my house? Moreover, how the fuck did he go unseen from the tight security? I really have to work on the patrol schedule.

*************

Yo guys. So how ya all doing? I am so not fine. Like I am so tired. As you can see the chap was short and boring. Life sucks. Share your thoughts.

Ques: Do you like short or Long chapter? Is the story very slow? Should I speed things up?

Vote and comment

Love
Ishtara💤