Chap 7 - Control

The next morning, I woke up feeling a bit refreshed than other days. All the energy seemed to have been drained away from me when the thought of shifting into my unwanted other self occured to me.

I sighed. I never wanted this. Nobody actually wants shit to happen to them but that's how life is. I am fucking tired of this. So fucking tired.

Without drowning in self pity, I got ready for this much dreaded day. A loose tshirt and leggings seemed perfect for the unbearable heat outside. Seeing it was Saturday, the pack house was buzzing with people. Breakfast was already done since it was half past 11. I stumbled across Hayden on my way. He was wearing a black tshirt along with his sweats.

"Ready to go?" He asked and I simply nodded, not in the mood to talk. It astonished me how he remembered each and every detail of my life. I was more than grateful for that.

We reached an empty open space in the middle of the forest. It was basically used for times like such. A waiting Silvia patiently stood under a tree. Getting aware of our presence, she straightened up and smiled.

"Morning." I hugged her. Her motherly touch soothed me a bit.

"I see you guys remember me." She offensively remarked, giving Hayden a stink eye.

"Hey! Not my fault your so-called Daughter makes me work my ass off." He protested. I shook my head at his childish behaviour which one could only witness infront of his Mother, Silvia. A 40 year old witch, who saved my life, helped me more than anyone or anything in this world. The reason behind my existence. The reason why I am alive today.

"That's why, she is my Daughter." She proudly replied and Hayden just mumbled under his breath.

"Let's get started." I said wanting to get done with it as soon as possible.

"Alright.Try to control. It's ok if you can't. It's not your fault." She reassured, giving me a potion that I hated with a passion.

I drank it all in one gulp and the familiar pounding started. I took a deep breath , trying to reduce the pain. A heart wrenching scream came from as I felt my bones twist in a wicked way. Without much delay, I turned into the savage beast that I really was. A mixture of furs, claws and a disoriented scarred face.

A growl escaped me and Hayden backed away probably not wanting to get hurt like last time. Silvia just stood there with an unreadable expression on her face. I wouldn't be shocked if anyone fainted seeing this form of mine. This half shifted form between a human and god knows what. Silvia still couldn't find out what this beast was actually called, with such a weird  and unpleasant appearance it was hard. It had a sickly thin body covered in brown fur with the bones sticking out making it look like a skeleton. It's claws longer and sharper than anything. Last but not the least, it's disoriented face that barely matched to that of a wolf's but still had some remembrance. And it's paws were unlikely big. Overall it was not a pleasing sight. Silvia had thought of it to be a lycan but its characteristics were far away from that.

The worst thing while being in this form was that I wasn't in control anymore Nor Raima. The actions weren't ours but the results had to be bared by us. Also the guilt.

Abruptly, it sped out in a direction without any warning. The trees passing away in a flash of second. Where the fuck is this piece of shit going to?  The journey didn't last long.I quickly got my answer when I saw the back of the King's mansion.

No! No! No! I screamed but it fell on deaf ears cause that thing couldn't hear me, connect with me just feel my presence.

It rammed its body on the half closed door, producing a deafening sound and making the pack members highly alert. Everyone screamed scurrying away with their kids and family members. It stayed on its spot breathing heavily and a loud growl escaped from its mouth. The growls continued until after a few seconds the glorious presence of the King graced us. Note the sarcasm.

He didn't say anything not a single word left his mouth. His silver eyes raking through this beastly form. He shifted into his grey wolf just as it charged at him with its unstoppable speed. Xason moved away at the right time and it hit the bottom of the stairs. Standing up, it growled before charging again at him. His Long claws picked up the wolf like it weighted nothing and threw it across the hall, resulting for him to hit the couches. Don't let its weak form fool you, it was anything but weak.

Xason's wolf stood up with rage in his eyes but he didn't want to do anything stupid. His calculating eyes watched its every movement. It neared him, ready to finish him.

Stop it! I yelled feeling panic strike me and as usual it had no effect on him. All I could fucking do was watch and wait for the outcome.

How the fuck do I stop this?!

With its right claws digging into Xason's wolf, it picked him up making him eye level. His wolf growled attempting to come at its face but he was smashed on the floor with blood coating his fur and the floor.I am pretty sure it had that look of evil victory on its face right now.

I can't let him die. But how the fuck do I save him?!

As it reached forward towards him again, it's lanky figure like a feather fell on the floor and without delay pain hit me like a truck.

"Aaahhhhh!" I screamed feeling the shift. The unbearable pain making its appearance again. With my body trapped in this figure all I could do was scream. I was getting exhausted but the pain seemed life lasting. All I could do was fucking wait for it to stop. Stop until I lost consciousness.

***********

Sorry for the delay and such a shitty , short Chap but I had to update. I know the chapter is not well written especially the description. But I will edit it asap.

Vote and comment

Love
Ishtara❤️