Chap 13 - Smack

Rosie Huntington as Eyana

Xason's POV

I tapped away a quick response to Alpha Mitchell's invitation to his pack for his son's introduction ceremony as the new alpha. The last two days has been anything but productive. I had a shit load of work to complete but all I could do was think about her.

Our last meeting was eventful except for me killing her almost. It was partially my fault but she had the upper hand. Why would she talk like that about my people? The last encounter made it clear that she would rather die than accept me or my people. Her reason for the strong hatred for rouges was beyond my thinking. As far as I knew , her pack didn't have much rouge encounters. Rouges were petrified at the thought of her. The Alpha of Death. They would be killed by me rather than her.

Was she that gruesome with them?

I was curious. I wanted to know anything and everything about her. She intrigued me way more than I would like to admit. The only person who had the guts to stand up against me. I would be dammed if I say that it didn't turn me on. Her tattooed back and curvy hips had still not left my mind. The way she moved with confidence and pride, it was a sight to see. She was a sight to see. A feast for the eyes.

A true goddess. Just like her name suggest.

I felt the air being knocked out of me when I first met her at Alpha Jake's party. How hard it was for me to control myself was something that only I knew. The worst thing between us is the fact that we are mates. I wasn't fit for her. For anyone to be exact. My uncontrolled temper and rage was something that no one could handle. It wasn't my fault that my wolf was too powerful. So powerful that I could rarely control him and not go on a rampage. His rage had almost killed our mate.

I didn't know how to cope up with this mate shit. I wanted her at the same time I didn't. It was too complicated. She didn't want me either.

The door of my room being slammed open broke me from my thoughts. I looked up to see my Mother standing at gate looking as beautiful as ever with a green dress on. She had brown hair and green eyes to accentuate her almond shaped face.

"Hi Mom." I smiled, placing the laptop on my bed. Walking up to her, I gave her a quick hug that she returned.

A smack landed on my cheek just as I pulled back.

"Oww! What was that for?" I whined at the stinging pain. I maybe a king but for her I was still a five year old kid and I loved it like that. Except for moments as such.

"You idiot Son of a gun! You found your mate and didn't even bother to tell me! What sort of behaviour is this?" She screeched, throwing her arms around to put more emphasis on her words. The screeching hurt my ears more than the screams of the prisoner in the dungeons.

"How would you know?" I questioned knowing very well that she would not tell me.

"I am your Mother for a fact." Her smirk made me roll my eyes.

"Don't you dare roll your eyes at me Xason Harold Anderson!" She pointed Her finger at me and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes again.

"So, what is she like? What is her name?" Her eyes lit up with excitement as she questioned me.

"Her name is Athena Black." I answered and watched in confusion as her eyes went wide as saucepans.