Chap 28 - Red Window

Entering the pack house, I straight up went to my room with the pouch in my hand. Keeping it safely in my closet drawer, I decided to go for a shower. Taking off the clothes, I stood under the water and cleaned myself. I shaved and make sure my skin was smooth without any bumps. As I said before, I got a King to impress. After I'm done, I dried myself and threw on a baggy t-shirt that was twice my size with some undergarments.

I exited the bathroom and dried my hair. Staring at myself in the mirror, I felt heavy. Why? I didn't know that but I surely did feel that way. Heaving a sigh, I decided to call Xason.

I jumped on the bed and sighed in relaxation. Taking my phone from the bed side table, I dialed his number and waited as it rang.

Yes, I do have his number. Now don't ask me how. He's my mate after all.

I smirked at my own thoughts. On the third ring, he picked up.

"Hello, Alpha Xason speaking." His deep voice managed to give me goosebumps and suddenly I felt cold.

"Hello, King." I smirked replying back. It was drop dead silent as I spoke. I checked my phone after a while to see if he cut the call or not. Surprisingly, he didn't but there was no sound coming from the other end.

"How may I help my queen today?" He spoke just when I was about to talk. I closed my mouth hearing his voice and did my stomach churn hearing him say my queen. I wanted to jump on him.

"What can you do?" I playfully asked to exgravate him.

"Anything for my queen." He kept his cool and answered back just as playfully.

"How about you come here at around 7 pm so that I can take you out on the date I promised to you?" I rolled so that my elbows were supporting me. The bedsheet feeling cold on my bare legs.

"Hmm, sounds like something I could do." He hummed pretending to think. My lips tilted upward hearing his answer.

"Great, I'll see you at 7 then."

"Okay."

"Xason?" I called out. I heard him suck in a breath. Again, it was silent and I checked to see he hadn't cut the call yet.

"Hello?" I called again hoping he would answer.

"Yes, I'm here." Finally, he did. I was beginning to think that he had fallen asleep.

"Thank you for the gift."

"My pleasure." He replied and I cut the call after saying bye.

Suddenly, I didn't feel so heavy. Suddenly, everything seemed a bit more easier to deal with. Most importantly, I felt light. Like a weight has been taken of my chest.

It's because of him.

What do you mean?

You talked with your mate. Raima stated and I knew what she meant.

No matter what he was my mate. He was meant to be mine. No matter how much I deny it, spending time with him did make me feel better especially when we weren't fighting. I rubbed my face and ignored my thoughts cause they would surely make me fall for him which I didn't want. I had to know his truth before taking any step.

With that, I stood up and decided to eat something considering it was almost 5 pm now. I strode towards the kitchen which was empty as lunch was done long before. Searching in the fridge, I found some Mac and cheese probably leftover from lunch and heated that in the microwave. After that, I sat on top of the counter and munched on the mac and cheese. I washed the bowl and placed it in its designated place before scurrying off to my room to get ready for the big date.