Chap 11 - Queen (II)

"Are you sure that it's ready?" I questioned again, asking for confirmation that whether it would be wise to have around 500 people into a newly built mansion.

"Yes, it's ready as it ever will be. How many times are you going to ask me?" Hayden whined just like the baby he is.

"And if it isn't, all the invitations have been sent and you cannot cancel the party now. It's almost inevitable!" He shouted out the last parts and I winced at the sound of his high pitched, girly voice.

"Almost being the keyword. Where is Eyana?" I smirked.

"She is on her duty with the patrol. I Guess you told her to tighten the securities for tomorrow's upcoming ceremony." He replied frowning, not sure whether that's what I told her or not.

"Yes I did. I'll be leaving within a few minutes to that pack. Take care of everything." I ordered, giving him a stern look.

"When don't I?" He rolled his eyes and left the room without any word.

The official introduction of the Sole pack, which meant sun in Italian was being held tonight. I myself don't know why I chose it. Somewhere within I feel like this pack would be the beginning of something; something new. I cannot actually predict whether it is a positive or negative thing but I have a feeling that it might lead to something extravagant or completely disastrous.

Heaving a sigh, I put the papers into their designated place and left the room. I started making my way to the Sole pack. The night was to be spent there. The sun was setting now. The sky, a playground of mesmerising colours. Pack members seemed thrilled and rumours spread that the preparation were full on. To be honest, I was excited to see what they have done for their pack ceremony. The most relieving thing was to see both the  pack members merge together and converse without judgement, ego, pride. I was proud. Proud to be an alpha of such packs.

It didn't take long to reach there, just a mere ten minutes walk. The patrol men were alert and instantly bowed at my presence. I nodded at them and entered the premises.

The rumours were true. Spectacular were the decorations. White light covering the newly built mansion with decorations made by the light strings. It looked like a glowing star in the night sky. A certain excitement hung in the air as people rushed from here to there carrying stuffs. Giving a tight smile, I pushed past people to the third floor where I chose to have my room. The room was simple with white and black sheets, a soft black rug that covered the floor, walk in closet, TV and a dressing table. A scarlet backless dress laid on the bed that with much difficulty Eyana convinced me to wear. Certainly for someone whom she did not mean to mention but I understood. It wasn't as if everyone was oblivious to this. I was pretty sure that even his pack members knew. How? That's a story that I will never understand. Word just spreads around.

Without further delay, I cleaned up fast and started the process of baking. It did take Long as I had to go for a extravagant look which consists of smokey eyes and scarlet lipstick. Jewellery was out of my league. My hair simply brushed leaving it looking wavy. The dress was pretty simple with no design on it. It hugged my waist and my bare back revealed the tattoo that remained hidden most of the time.

I could hear the soft chatter downstairs meaning the Alphas and Lunas had arrived. Slipping into a pair of shimmery silver heels, I strode down to the hall filled with people dressed in elegant clothes and jewellery.

"Alpha Joseph Glad that you could make it." I greeted him and he replied back with a smile.

The formalities continued and the hall was packed with some of the most powerful alphas. Wine was being served as the soft music in the background continued giving out a royal vibe. Within a blink, all the incessant chatter halted. At the majestic door, stood the one and only King. Dressed in a black suit with white shirt and tie. I would be lying if I didn't say that he looked completely eatable. His face clean shaved and hair perfectly styled with gel. He looked nothing less than a Greek god.

With confident steps, I walked over to him. My heels clicking in the process. People moved over to make a way and the music had stopped. That's the kind of effect he had on people. His silver eyes remained blank as I walked up to him.

"Greetings King, I am overjoyed by the fact that you were able to come. I hope you enjoy the party." I smirked at the end knowing that calling him King would have an effect on him. As I had expected it did, sparks of golden erupted but he too was up for this.

"Thank you, my queen. I feel honoured to be invited to this party." With a kiss on my cheek, he walked past me to make conversation with the other alphas. The heat that spread through my body set my soul on fire.The gasps were not unheard by me. I clenched my jaw feeling irritated how my skin tingled in the place he kissed. Somehow he always managed to infuriate me.

I straightened my posture and with a straight face on, I continued to enjoy the party which seemed too hard with his presence. His presence was something that was inevitable to ignore. The mischievous look that his eyes showcases when we made eye contact irked me to the core. Even though there was no valid reason for it.

I can see the smoke coming out of your ears. Hayden's voice invaded my thoughts. I looked around to notice him sitting on a stool in the bar with a glass of probably scotch.

Shut up! I glared at him as he raised his glass in the air giving me a look that I understood pretty well.

"Ladies and gentleman, may I have your attention please?" I spoke through the speaker gaining everyone's attention.

"The reason for today's occasion is very well known to everyone. It is the official introduction of the Sole pack. For years, the members of this pack have been tormented under the rule of Brandon. But as the new Alpha of this pack, I promise to guide them through every dark situation that falls upon us. I promise to hold the pack together through thick and thin. " Loud applauses and shouts filled the hall as the pack members hooted.

"With the end of Brandon's rule, the rule of violence, poverty and injustice also ends over here. A new era starts today for the people of this pack and I hope that it is a memorable one. Therefore, I welcome the respected King along with all the Alphas and their  Lunas and Betas to the Sole pack. I hope you enjoy your evening. Thank you." I finished, smiling at the thousands of people whose attention rested solely upon me and the hall bursts into a mixture of deafening shouts, claps and laughter. I stepped down from the stage, Hayden helping me get down the steps.

"That was a nice speech, Alpha." Hayden praised and I looked at him blankly. He knew that I HATED giving speeches. If only I could slaughter him.

"Thanks." I dryly replied.

Abruptly, the space felt congested. A powerful aura filled the atmosphere, strong enough to make you kneel. It wasn't only me, everyone felt it. I didn't have to think from whom it was coming from for it was clear that it was him. I stared as he talked to an Alpha calmly. His posture stiff and alert. The pale and constipated face of the alpha was noticed by all. He tried to keep calm and collected but failed miserably.

"What did you do?" Hayden whispered in my ear.

"I didn't do anything. Why would I do anything?" I glared at him feeling angry for being blamed for something I didn't do.

He did not bother to say anything. Time seemed to have halted as everyone looked at each other not knowing what to do.

Guess I will have to fix it now.

*************
Sorry for the late update. I am have been really busy with studies and I am updating as after years. Also I do not like how this chapter came out to be.

Vote and comment (ignore the typos)