Chap 20 - Regret

I woke up feeling refreshed. That sleep was really needed. Satisfying cracks were heard as I stretched. I need to go out for a run. The sun was out bright and early. I brushed my teeth and dressed into a pair of leggings with a loose tshirt. The heat was quite unbearing at 11 in the  morning. On the way out to the woods, I grabbed an apple and munched on it while walking past the numerous pack members who parted their way for me out of respect. They were really well behaved and polite. Some even decided to acknowledge me as their Luna. What tragedy!

Warriors were training at the back of the pack house whom I walked past. Reece training them with to face the most unpredictable situations. I reached a bit deep into the woods and striped out of my clothes, wrapping them around my leg. I imagined my wolf form and soon enough the cracking process started and I was in my wolf form. Whizzing past the trees, I felt the cold wind caress my soft fur. The fallen leave cracking under my paws. Different smell of flowers and grass filled my nostrils. My heart beating at a thousands miles per second. Only one word ran through my mind as the tress passed by me within nanoseconds.

Freedom.

This is what freedom felt like. Pure bliss and utter happiness. I lost track of time while running. I ran probably for an hour or two. By the time I arrived at the pack house everything was going on at full swing. Lunch preparation for the pack members had started. Training session was done and everyone was probably in their rooms getting dressed up for lunch. I reached my room and locked the door. Entering the washroom, I striped out of my sweaty clothes and jumped into the shower. The cold water cooling down my heated skin. Cleaning myself, I exited the washroom and wore black jeans with a baby blue top decorated with mini sunflowers.

My phone started ringing as I brushed my hair. I unplugged it from the charging cable to see Hayden calling me.

What the fuck happened now?

"Hello." I answered.

"You are not dead?" I rolled my eyes at his response.

"No."

"Considering the number of times I called, I thought you were dead!" He exaggerated with a high pitched voice. I smiled at his reaction even though he couldn't see me.

"I called you fifteen times! Fifteen! What the hell were you doing? Fucking the mighty king." He exclaimed and I let out a laugh.

"I wish." I applied a swipe of lipgloss and pulled out a pair of flip flops.

"Yeah, sure you do. Anyways, I called to ask when will you be gracing us with your presence? The work load is getting too much." He faked a British accent and I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

"Soon hopefully. I'll talk with him tonight." I informed and he cut the call after replying with an ok.

A knock was heard and Claire entered informing that lunch was served and that the mighty king has asked for my presence. Splendid right? I plugged in the charger for both my phone and laptop and made my way to the dining table which was a majestic space with a long table with sitting arrangement for upto 30 or so people.

He sat on the head chair with Reece sitting on the second chair to his right and Charles on his left. The familiar man sat opposite to Reece. I sat on the empty chair beside Reece greeting Xason to which he replied with a blank face.

What can I even expect?

"Alpha Athena, I would like to introduce you to Martin Clark, the former Beta of La Luxure pack. He has served this pack for years with dedication." Xason pointed towards the familiar man who brought forth his hand for a handshake.