Chap 14 - Demands

Francisco Lachowski as Hayden

Athena's POV

I huffed in annoyance as I slowly started to feel beads of sweat on my forehead. Groaning in frustration, I lowered the temperature of the air condition in hopes of cooling down. Five minutes later, I was sweating like I had just ran a marathon.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

I have never felt this hot before. I could feel the heat being radiated off of me. Slamming the pen that was in hand on the table, I grudgingly pushed back the chair striding all the way to my room to change into a new pair of clothes. I slipped on a tank top and some cotton shorts. Relief washed through me as the cold night air slammed against my skin. It was weirdly satisfying.

I felt at ease now working in my office. The people of the Sole Moon pack had a pretty much good income with the export business that I set up for them. The pack was flourishing quickly. Abruptly, I started to felt hot all over again. I groaned in annoyance. It was not like I was sick or had fever cause I didn't have any headache and it was rare for me to get sick.

What kind of sorcery is this?

"Hey, did you read th- " Hayden barged into the room but stopped right in his tracks. He looked around and finally his eyes landed on me.

"Why are you barging into my office like a queen at 1?" I inquired getting more annoyed with my state with each passing moment. He sniffed and immediately his eyes widened.

"Well? Would you like to explain yourself?" I attempted to ignore the heat coming off of me. Quickly signing on a paper, I looked up to see his eyes glazed up. He was mind linking someone.

I patiently waited for him to answer but my patience was running thin. Within moments, Eyana came in fully alert of her surroundings. She sniffed the air and just like Hayden her eyes widened too as she looked at him.

"She is going through heat." He confirmed and realisation dawned on me.

"Shit! That's why I am feeling so hot." He nodded his head in confirmation. It was a full moon tonight then.

"Yeah, I'll leave you to her." With that, he left slamming the door shut behind him.

"What's wrong with him now?" I frowned at his behaviour. He never acts like that.

"It's your scent. Its alluring him. He wouldn't be able to control himself around you now considering it's so strong." She explained like a pro as if she had already gone through this and I nodded still not able to register the situation well.

"Let's get you to your room. You can take a cold bath. I told the servants to bring ice for you." The idea seemed like heaven to me considering I was sweating like crazy. Fatigue was getting the best of me.

I stripped out of my clothes and stepped into the bathtub that was filled with ice cold water. The water was freezing but it barely helped with my condition.

"This is not helping." I informed Eyana who stood at the bathroom door.

"Should I get more ice for you?"

"That would be better." She nodded before disappearing from my line of vision. The water was filled with huge chunks of ice but still it was not helping. Annoyance coursed through me as the sweating continued. I wanted to claw my skin out. The feeling of skin was irritating me more as time passed. I splashed some water on my face to cool my cheeks down.