Chap 10 - Jace Williams

It's been a week since my return from the King's pack. I thought he would throw tantrums when Hayden sent someone to collect my belongings but surprisingly he didn't. Moreover, why would he? He didn't care to actually throw tantrums or make a fuss.

My wild thoughts were disturbed by a knock. The door opened and Hayden came inside with a stack of papers in his hand.

"These need to be checked by you." He placed the stack on the table and took a seat.

"What are these?" I frowned, taking one of the papers from the stack to get a clue.

"Financial record papers of the Red Moon pack." He replied, referring to my new pack.

"I will check up on them. Have you come up with anything?" I leaned back on the chair. Hayden took a seat and sighed.

"No but there may be a way to raise their monthly income."

"What?"

"The pack members are said to have an expert hand in making potteries. It's kind of a thing passed on for generations. Recently, there has been an increasing demand for potteries in the human world probably for the sake of fashion."

"But that won't be much beneficial." I pointed out, not feeling satisfied with the idea.

"The main expenditure of the Red Moon pack is the various exports of food. They do not produce their own, most is exported. If we could reduce that then it wont be Long till the pack starts flourishing."

"That might work along with the pottery thing. I heard that the east side of the land is much fertile. If it is then tell Eyana to gather some hands for working." I ordered. This thing has been pestering me for quite a good time. Feels good to know that some solution has been found.

"Ok, I will let her know about this." He got off the seat and left, closing the door behind him.

Looking at the stack of papers, I released a breath. I will take a look at them later on, first I need to workout. With that in my mind, I walked up to my room and quickly changed into some appropriate clothes for working out before making my way to the gym.

It's almost 2 at night when I reach home. I walk up to my bedroom and change into a baggy tshirt. It was a bit cold tonight or maybe it was just me. I leaned on the wall beside the window and looked out. The moon was peaking through the heavy clouds. Smoking puffs of cigarette, I felt my thoughts drift to my parents. Alexander Grayson and Nora Grayson. It's been years without them. Years till I lost them to that monster, Jace Williams. He was the one to kill my parents and ruin my childhood. His horrendous memories will forever be embedded in my mind and soul.

People often question, what's with my hatred for rouges? Sure enough nobody likes them. But how much I despise them was unpredictable. Every time I hear the word rouges, the only thing that comes to my mind is my past. The past that I crave to leave behind but can't. Jace has turned me into a monster like him. One that I can't get rid of no matter what I try.

The most funny thing about all this is that my mate so happens to be the King of rouges. He controls them, rules them. It's fascinating also haunting how he is able to do that. His pack mostly consists of rouges. He himself must have been a rouge before. What pesters me the most is, who is his father? His Mother? Was his Father a rouge? Was he involved in my parents death? All the questions continue to run through my mind like a horse.

I took a last drag of the cigarette before putting it out on the ashtray. Slipping under the covers, I let the exhaustion of the day get me. Soon enough after my head hits the pillow I fall asleep. But I know it's only a few hours of peace until the demons come knocking.

********

What's up? Finally I am able to have one chapter up. Though its short and crappy. I have been Super busy these months! And Guess what I almost forgot about what I was supposed to write in this chapter. Sue me for being the worst author ever. Let me know about your thoughts!

Vote and comment

Love
Ishtara💕