Chap 2 - Tried

Megan Fox as Athena

By the time we arrived, the place was packed with alphas and betas from every pack. It was a mansion that Jake had for parties and it was beautiful with its ancient decorations and millions worth chandeliers and furniture. Reece left to go and search for the king who was his alpha.

"Alpha Athena, you made it." Jake greeted with a glass of wine in one of his hand and the other wrapped around his mate.

"Wouldn't miss your party for the world." I replied as he smiled and introduced his mate.

"This is my mate, Lauren and this is Athena Black, Alpha of the Luna Rossa pack." I extended my hand and she shook it smiling at me.

"Enjoy the party."

"I will."

They excused themselves and just then Alpha Brandon came wearing a black suit.

"Alpha Athena, nice to see you again." He smirked and I returned it.

"Alpha Brandon, not nice to see you again." His smirk turned into a frown. He opened his mouth but before he could say anything, I left cause I didn't want to spoil my mood by talking to that fucking prick. Alpha Brandon is the Alpha of my neighbouring pack but I hate him to the core not only because he threatened me quite a lot of times but also cause he insulted my pack telling that I was not fit for an alpha when his own pack wasn't stable enough.

The party continued and so did the political talks among the alphas.

"Excuse me, alphas and betas may I have your attention please?" Jake's voice boomed through the mike as Hayden came and stood beside. Everyone turned their attention to him who was standing at the center with his mate beside him.

"Tonight we have a very special guest among us who is known for his undivided power and strength. Please welcome King Xason, the alpha of the La Luxure pack." He finished and just then the smell of smoke and after shave hit me like a punch in the gut. It was intoxicating as hell.

A dark figure with a height of 6'2 entered the room wearing an all black suit. His face stoic with a sharp jawline, piercing silver eyes that were staring right at me and a lip piercing that would make girls drop their panties without a second thought even me. His black thick hair brushed back and it glistened as light fell on it. Everyone was bowing their head due to the power that resonated off of him and also cause he was the King. The King of rouges and he was my mate. Only I was the one who wasn't bowing her head down.

He walked to where Jake was standing keeping eye contact on his way and shook his hand and everything went back to normal as if a few seconds ago it wasn't pin dropped silence. One  thing was sure that he was a living Adonis and that it would be hard to resist him. Raima was all quiet and it surprised me cause usually wolves are jumping up and down with gaiety after they find their mates.

What do you think?

I don't know what to think.

Why?

He is our mate and also the king of rouges. She growled at the last part and again I was surprised.

So?

My mate belongs to one of those things that I hate the most.

Thought you would change your mind.

It's not that easy to forget.