Chap 4 - Piece

I walked to the bathroom to get freshened up after a restless night of tossing and turning on the bed. A throbbing pain hit me like a train and I clutched my head, falling to the ground on my knees. The pain clouded my vision making it hard for me to breath. Fuck. I can't handle this now. Not here.

Stop it! I yelled at Raima but she was too busy fighting.

I looked around with my hazy sight, feeling the inner fight inside of me drain all my energy away. The pain was getting intense as she continued her dominance with it.

Hayden!

What happened? His panicked and loud voice caused it to increase more. Even before I could tell him that it was happening, I lost my consciousness but the throbbing never stopped. It never stopped, always came back haunting me. It was fucking stupid of me to think that it will ever stop even after 8 years of complete agony and torture.

"Athena, wake up." Someone slowly shook me and the decreased pain started again.

"Stop." I opened my eyes and saw water surrounding me in the bath tub and I was in my underwear only with Hayden on the floor. He helped me sit up.

"How is it?" He asked placing his hand on my forehead.

"Better than before." I sighed as my whole body ached from the stress and torture it had to go through.

"You are still burning up. You can't keep on doing like that. It's going to destroy you and I won't always be here with you." He stated carrying me out of the tub and placed me beside the sink. My head spinned from the movement and I still couldn't keep my eyes open. They were drooping.

He returned with some clothes that I barely paid attention to. I need this to end. He pulled my strap as I stiffened placing my head on the mirror, the cool sensation helping me. I didn't even notice that I was breathing heavily until Hayden told me.

"It's done." He dried my hair before taking me back to the room. Just as I felt the soft bed under me, I was out again.

I woke up again this time feeling a bit better. It was dark outside and I had wasted the whole day behind this fucking mess. The door opened and Hayden walked in with a tray on his hand.

"Eat this. We are leaving tonight." He said and I felt myself frowning.

"No we are not. I am not going away until I am done with the works of Brandon's pack." I stubbornly states and watched as he glared at me.

"Do you even fucking care about yourself!?" He yelled punching the wall leaving a dent and his knuckles bloody. He paced around the room and I put the tray on the night table and walked up to him. Carefully taking his hand, I took him to the bathroom and found the first aid box, cleaning the wound and bandaged it.

I looked at him as he looked back at me before sighing. He hugged me tightly but not too tight to hurt me. I closed my eyes sinking into the warmth he provided.

"You are so stubborn." He mumbled into my hair and I found myself imagining his angry but defeated expression.

"Do you have it?" I asked breaking the hug and he took out a small bottle filled with a disgusting medicine and I drank it all down. No matter how hard I try to act. This act would always break in front of him. Cause nobody knew me like he did. I forgot it but he still remembered.

"What did you tell the King?" I suddenly became alert.

"Just that you are sick with a killer headache due to all the work pressure."